Asus 13.3" Dual-Core 16GB Chromebook

Processor Info

Great reviews (4.6 out of 5.0) over at BestBuy.com

Can you use a mouse with this? I know it has USB ports, but don’t know if the OS accepts mouse drivers.

EDIT: Yep! Bluetooth or USB, whatever floats your boat.

A general comment on Chromebooks: if you know what you’re getting, they’re great. They’re small, light, portable, with great battery, and very basic function. It’s basically just a web browser. I use mine for grad school, because I didn’t want to carry around my expensive laptop. I’m mostly just typing in Google Docs, checking Facebook, or sending email, and for that it’s perfect. It also has better wifi than my Nexus 10, which struggled to stay connected to my school network.

Two things that are weird, at least to me:

1. Switching the direction that two-finger swiping moves text is called “Australian scrolling.” Weird.
  2. There’s no right mouse button. The trackpad is one big left button. You two-finger tap to right click, which is pretty common anyway. But not having the option to click surprised me.

refurbishment same Factory Reconditioned ?

Yes, refurbished is the same as reconditioned. As long as it’s done by the manufacturer, you’re good to go. It comes with a 90-day warranty from Asus. Good company, good machine, great price!

Yes, I use a Logitech USB wireless mouse with mine.

It’s a great platform for using Evernote, and I love being able to go back and forth between my personal and business Google accounts with just a simple logout and login. I’ve used it to take notes at business meetings and to run tabletop roleplaying games.

The battery life is outstanding and I never really need to take the power cord along with me. I’ve yet to manage to run it down past about 40%.

Is this book comparable with Microsoft 365? I see its chrome os. Wasn’t sure if this would work with Microsoft 365?

yeah but you probably should. your battery is going to think that 40% is 0% and will mess up the calibration.

Is the 100GB of Google Storage for two years available on this?

I think you’re asking if its compatible with Office 365. In short no other than the browser based version of office that runs online. If you are looking for something to similar to a chromebook that is fully office compatible I would suggest one of the windows tablets that have started showing up the 6 months or so. This one in particular is a good deal right now.

HP Tablet

Sorry, no; only with new units.

We have our Chromebooks at work set with the 365 login page as the homepage. Works like a charm with Chrome.

I just wanted to mention–I was able to register for the two years of 100 gb of extra storage on Google Drive with no problem.