Asus 13.3" Full HD Core i5 Zenbook Touch

I successfully upgraded the RAM in this bad boy and I would be what you call a “home” user (I guess, whatever that means). Basically I’ve never touched the insides of a computer before and did this with some community help. So don’t let this deter you.

I purchased this about a month ago on here and have been pretty satisfied. The stock ASUS software limited the CPU to 5% the total ghz available which made me LOL (that’s the powersaver option to have the battery last much much longer and operate much much slower). Once this feature was disabled the computer was blazing…with the help of the RAM upgrade too :slight_smile:

My only complaint is the battery. I have had it less than 90 days and the battery wear is at about 10%. I am careful when I charge as to not misuse the battery at all. Maybe it’s just a defective one… But most likely you will not get the battery life they speak of.

This is the most beautiful laptop I have owned with the glass top and the screen which is incredible. Best bang for your buck laptop IMO I’ve seen on Woot in a while.

I like this better for $510. 1920x1080 ASUS Q501LA-BBI5T03 Notebook Intel Core i5 4200U (1.60GHz) 6GB Memory 750GB HDD Intel HD Graphics 4400 15.6" Touchscreen Windows 8 64-Bit. The bigger screen is either a pro or con,depending on user preference. In desktop mode 15.6" at this resolution is easier to work with.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231549

can you change de 16Gb mSSD with a 120Gb mSDD on this notebook? thanks

Turn off the “auto brightness” and the screen will get extremely bright.

Mine didn’t work and I had to send it back (still haven’t seen the refund).

Asus will not honor the 90-day manufacturer’s warranty and Woot will tell you there is no warranty since it’s an open-box item.

If the price is too good to be true, it probably is…

Buyer beware! I purchased one during the last Woot sale and had to return it. Some of these have a design flaw where the keyboard inlay is bowed up so that the keys are flush with the inlay. The one I received was noticeably uncomfortable when typing. My finger would get caught on the inlay. I have a feeling that the one I received was a return from Best Buy for this problem and it wasn’t fixed.

Woot customer service gave me the option for a replacement or a return. I really wanted this computer and when I asked if they could guarantee the next one wouldn’t have the keyboard issue, I was told that they didn’t have any more in stock and they were refunding my money. I still haven’t received my refund and they are already selling the laptop again!

Here’s what the bowed inlay looked like on what I received

I paid $549 at best buy. No deal.

I’m sorry to hear that you encountered issues with your laptop and were unable to find a resolve.

I’ve gone ahead and forwarded your inquiry along to Woot Member Services for a solution.

Thank you for your continued patience while they attend to the issue.

A lot of people don’t understand what adding RAM to your system actually does. Your computer only uses a small amount of RAM at any given time, most of the time it is using less than 4GB. Adding more RAM to a system that is not using more than the amount of RAM already installed will not improve performance. More RAM doesn’t necessarily mean an instant performance upgrade. 4GB of RAM is plenty for everyday use and most pc games.

ahemDual channelahem

I thought I turned that off. I spent a whole week with this and multiple people viewing my laptop who found it troubling to see. I assumed it just couldn’t get that bright! Thank-you so much, Ken!

My next issues will be the wifi disconnects and keyboard flashing. Hopefully reinstalling the drivers a few more times will fix it / using different versions.