Asus 15.6" 4K Ultra-HD Intel i7 Touch Ultrabook

Absolute crap warranty and repair with Asus. Will never buy Asus laptop due to mine dying within a year (17" i7) and unable to get them to repair it. Try finding a new MB for it. None new, just refurbished. Do a search for ASUS warranty and motherboard problems before buying.

I also have experienced poor customer service from ASUS. My laptop’s wifi card crapped out, the touchpad had serious issues and would crash my laptop if I didn’t kill certain processes, and then the hard drive started giving me BSOD. I reached out to them multiple times. I would spend hours on the phone only to have them tell me to update drivers several times until it was outside of their warranty… Then my Office Depot insurance that I paid 300-400 for told me they wouldn’t cover it because it started within the factory warranty period. I try not to give my money to either company anymore…

Hmmm…either this or the old IBM Thinkpad T22 I just ordered for $19.95? Just kidding. (I needed both a parallel and serial port and an old OS for some special devices.)

I just ordered this against my better judgement. But when you’re poor and your current POS 4 year old acer can’t run WOW higher the 10 Fps and the new expansion is being released in 2 weeks- you take risks. I hope all the negative reviews out there are wrong about this laptop.

I got this one the last time around. Any specific questions?

Just if you are happy with it. The biggest thing holding me back is the 90 day warranty.

Can’t speak on this laptop. Asus has fantastic support. Maybe it’s not buying cheap stuff, but my ROG laptop was sent in their cost and they cross shipped me another. My TF101 was replaced twice. Well one was, but they just sent me a new one. The other was dropped from 6 feet on concrete, they replaced that too. Mobos never had a problem, so can’t speak.

And?

VERY disappointed in my 1st purchase with WOOT. Received the computer and found Win8.1 was installed and not all the drivers and the add CLEARLY Said 10. Asus stated this unit was built with 8.1 and I needed to call WOOT. NO CONTACT number or support, so I called Amazon who knocked off some $$$, but come on, how hard is it to format and put drivers on!! Keyboard lites don’t work due to missing drivers, yes I tried the one for keyboards and still wont work. Going to reformat and start over CORRECTLY.

I’m really sorry to hear about your experience. Feel free to reach out to Woot’s Customer Service via email to see if they can be of any assistance to you. You can please use the Support Form linked at the top of the page to get in touch.

I just received mine sold by Woot through Amazon.

It was loaded with Win 8.1 and a non functional Windows Product Key. I called ASUS support and they are going to generate a new key for me. Then I plan to upgrade to Win 10.

The unit looks great and otherwise seems as advertised. It was shipped in a plain box with a power adapter and USB-Ethernet adapter and a single page sheet that provides a warranty phone number and directions how to turn off ASUS Recovery Disk Creation Reminder. It references Win 7 and claims the recovery partition is wiped.

It ships with Win 8.1

Well appears I was also snookered with this offer. Ad clearly stated Win 10 home, but Asus documentation talked about how to stop a win7 mesage ablution making recovery disks… I’m mad, will be my last large purchase from Woot. Waiting to hear back from customer service before turning it on…

Wow. Win 8.1…no recovery partition…and some laptops without even working product keys? I’ve bought many laptops from Woot before, been happy in the past, and if this is the case with mine, this will be the first time Woot has really let me down. I’ll have mine Thursday, if all goes well, and I’ve preemptively opened a support ticket.

Woot’s usually great. If these laptops are really arriving this out of spec, I can only hope support will take care of us, and make sure we get the product they promised to us.

Mine came like this too! I contacted Woot and they said they were aware and were going to back to me soon…we’ll see…I am SO disappointed. Mine came with 8.1 and half the drivers weren’t even installed! I found the drivers download page and my keyboard backlights work. I had to download the “ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities”. I first tried the “Keyboard device filter utility” and after that didn’t work I tried the “ATKACPI” one.

I’ve done a Win10 upgrade and a drivers replacement, and so far, so good. Uninstalling the outdated keyboard drivers, then installing the newest ones on Asus’ driver page, solved that problem for me, and removing the ASUS Splendid color management program, then running Win10’s color calibration, greatly improved my color balance and temperature, making those yellows, while not perfect, much easier on the eyes.

Yes, I’ve confirmed that CS is aware of the issue and working with the vendor to see how widespread, how it hapepned, and what to do.

When you email Woot CS, please include the laptop’s serial number for your laptop. That will save some time for you.

Just got ours today, booted it up and the Windows 10 installation was messed up. All kinds of errors. Reinstalled windows and now it appears to work. Except now it says no battery detected. Hopefully there is a battery in it and it’s just a driver thing. You’d think they’d do a better job of refurbishing these things.

I’m very sorry for the problem. Asus (or the Asus site) should be able to help you locate the drivers.

But yes, you shouldn’t have to do that.

Half hour on the phone with ASUS last night and they gave me several things to do to fix it but so far none worked. Get to call back today to continue on. Didn’t see any drivers on their site that were obviously tied to a battery so I haven’t done that yet. Will see what they come up with.