Asus 15.6" Convertible Touch Notebooks

TP500LA-UB51T is a 1920 x 1080 model.

TP500LA-DH71T is a 1366 x 768 model.

I’m pretty sure the specs do not differ by that exact model number. I looked around quite a bit and can’t find an tp500la with an i7-4510U and 1920x1080.

So, is the i7 listed here a different model number or is the spec sheet wrong in assuming both of them are 1080p, or did asus change the screen when they refurb’d them?

Can a MOD/Staff please address this?

After looking around some more, I found:
http://www.amazon.com/Asus-Q502LA-BBI5T12-Touch-Screen-Laptop-Convertible/dp/B00S8ISOW2

Advantages:
IPS screen
802.11ac vs 802.11n
3 USB 3.0 vs 1 + 2 2.0
Bigger battery 4cell vs 3cell
backlit keyboard (maybe in common)
It’s all black (my preference)

for non-CA people, it looks like with the promo code AFEX15D714O you could get it for 479 + a $30 rebate, or the same price as the one on woot:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232444

You are right. I just looked it up. I guess I’m not getting as good a deal as I could have if I had I done more research. The Amazon.com offer is much better as their laptop is a generation newer than the one on Woot. I’m also a Prime member and wouldn’t have to pay for shipping. Net - it would have cost me $15.00 more.

Woot and Amazon really should start communicating. I just don’t trust Woot anymore to give me the best deal.

I don’t do that kind of work on a laptop, but I would think the I7 would work fine for that. The biggest bottleneck in this machine is the HDD. I would put a Solid State Drive in it and you could also increase the RAM to 12GB by taking out the single 4GB stick of RAM and putting an 8GB stick in instead.

That will cost you about $200 bucks to get optimal performance from it.

I received mine, unfortunately it has 1366x768 resolution (not 1920x1080). I contacted Woot support and they have asked that I contact ASUS- ‘they will be able to provide the technical support specific to your item’. Obviously that is kind of a ridiculous suggestion- I can’t see how this could be an ASUS technical support issue. Is there someone else I could contact to resolve this?

They sent me the wrong resolution as well. 1366x768

I am having the same problem.

Please help me on this because you definitely sent me the wrong resolution.

If you’re concerned with your order please email into support@woot.com or use the Woot Support Page to place a ticket.

YUP GOT IT ROGE I did send one JUST MENTIONING HERE ON THE FORUM WHERE WOOT STAFF MISREPRESENTED THE PRODUCT THAT OTHERS SHOULD BE AWARE.
Thanks I hope that is OK with you. Have an awesome night.

I saw the description saying 1920x1080 (that’s why I bought this), but I received one that is just only 1366x768. Even worst, the online description is now being updated to 1366x768. I was seeing a false advertisement on woot.

Same here. Wrong resolution, and now they’ve updated the resolution in products specs. Woot, I am disappointed.

Sorry for the trouble. If you haven’t yet, please email support@woot.com for assistance with your order.