Asus 15.6" Dual-Core i5 Laptop

“Genuine Windows 8”

Is that home or pro?

Check out some reviews at Best Buy

In depth review from Laptoping.com

There are no “home” versions of Windows 8. Just Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro.
It is most likely that today’s offer is just Windows 8 (Basic).
If it were sold with Pro, we might have advertised it as such.

Check out this interesting unboxing [youtube=fjFKPZNGLIg][/youtube]

Whoa, rude to your customers much?
Has Woot NEVER had to change their copy midday to reflect a mistake?

Not knowing about this Woot, I just bought the comperable but slightly slower(?) Acer 15.6" Windows 8 Laptop i5-3337U 1.8GHz 6GB 500GB+20GB SSD | M5-581T-6405 for $325 with No Tax and $10 s/h. I literally ordered it just a few hours ago so I can still cancel and go for this Asus. This Woot comes out to be about $419. I’m not sure if the slight increase in speed justifies the extra $85. We’re talking about a 0.7ghz increase in CPU speed, which translates to a Passmark Score of 3823 (#286) vs 3214 (#383). However, the Acer’s 2 extra gb of RAM and 20gb SSD should make up for it. Plus, the Acer has Bluetooth, which this doesn’t. Regardless, they’re both great prices for an i5 laptop … I still can’t believe I only paid $335, which can barely get you an i3 laptop.

About the same price on ebay from those individual resellers. Once you cowboom, you know this price is a joke.

Keep the laptop you ordered. The SSD cache will make a huge difference.

You should post that on the deals side.

I think several of us are interested in knowing from where you ordered the Acer!

Mike

It sounds like the one I ordered literally just a few days ago from 1saleaday, but I got mine for $399, shipping included.

RogetRay is the nicest guy ever and definitely didn’t mean to come across as rude.

Unlike previous versions of Windows, there are only two editions of Windows 8:

Windows 8
Windows 8 Pro

When we state Windows 8, it’s not Pro. If it is Windows 8 Pro, we will state it.

you must make a backup OS disc. My asus’s hdd died after 5 months, and they DO NOT SELL BACKUP DISCS FOR WIN 8!!! Luckily they sent me an RMA to reinstall for free, but what a hassle. First thing I’ll do when I get it back is make about 6 backup OS discs

Where did you purchase it at?

I can’t wait for items like this to ship to AK.

where did you buy this Acer laptop ?

Where did you buy this?

YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE BACKUP COPIES OF THIS LAPTOPS WIN 8. I PURCHASED THIS A MONTH AGO FROM WOOT THE LAST TIME THEY HAD IT FOR SALE. THIS IS A REFURBISHED LAPTOP. THEY DO NOT TELL YOU THIS UNTIL YOU GET YOUR ASUS UNBOXED BUT IN THE QUICK START GUIDE THE FIRST THING IT SAYS IS “TO PROTECT CUSTOMER DATA FROM A PREVIOUS OWNER THIS HARD DRIVE WAS WIPED CLEAN DURING THE REFURBISH PROCESS. THIS PROCESS INCLUDES WIPING OUT THE RECOVERY PARTITION. AS SUCH A RECOVERY DISC CREATION WILL NO LONGER WORK.” SO IF YOUR WINDOWS 8 DOES CRASH AND YOU NEED TO RELOAD WIN 8 YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK UNLESS YOU BUY A WIN 8 INSTALL DISC WHICH IS NOT CHEAP. MY ADVICE IS STAY AWAY. ASUS AND WOOT COULD HAVE PUT A RECOVERY DISC INTO THE BOX BUT DIDN’T.