Asus 16GB MeMO Pad 7" Tablet w/ Cover

You can play virtually any non-graphics intensive game. That includes all board games such as chess, checkers, Monopoly, Word with Friends (Scrabble), etc. You can also play most graphics and arcade games, including the very popular Angry Birds. The problem generally isn’t compatibility but speed. If you have a lot of high definition 3D graphics, this will sputter and even seem to freeze as it struggles to update the screen. These games are usually Role Playing adventure games and/or first person shooters.

This should be fine for young grandkids, and even mid-teenagers. You can get a sense of what games are available by going to Google Play’s game section. Many games and apps are free, ad some are even educational. I think you can even search by age.

I know the difference between the tablets. However, they have sold out now on Ebay. I posted it over 12 hours ago and there were still more than 10 available. You snooze you lose.

Besides the HD version of this you may want to consider a Hisense Sero 7 Pro. I like it better than the MeMo HD and it has a microSD slot. I had build/quality issues w/the Asus but the Sero 7 has been solid, there are now several in the family and a few get quite a lot of abuse by kids and one is a garage unit, all have stood up better than I hoped.

This also has a MicroSD slot. I use it to transfer stuff all the time. The problem with Hsense is that they’re not a mainstream company and just a notch above the many generic Asian manufacturers out there.

It’s cheaper on eBay.

Someone asked about Netflix? The answer is a resounding Yes! I got one on the black Friday wootoff for my 6 year old. She watches Netflix and plays pocket minecraft on it all day long when she isn’t taking selfies and editing them into funny little movies. For the money, this has been an awesome little tablet.

Well, like I mentioned, my experience has been a lot of issues with Asus memo HD, none w/several Hisense Sero Pro. If I had an issue then resolution would be no problem since they were purchased at WalMart and Newegg. Hisense is a huge multinational and only “lesser” to brand snobs. The support in the xda etc. communities is robust and Hisense has also released updates.

Higher up you posted a list of things this Memo does not have (BT, GPS, 2 cameras etc.), the Sero 7 Pro has them all in addiction to HDMI out.

I’m not trying to claim the Sero 7 Pro is the best tablet out there or the best choice for everyone but it is a much more feature packed quality tablet buy than any of the Asus MeMo line.