Asus 32GB Tablet with or w/o Keyboard

Just for reference, I just bought a new HP netbook with W 8, touchscreen and lifetime 25 GB storage on Box.com for $299.95 at an office store chain. New.

It’s significantly lower resolution the TF300 is 1280X800= 1,024,000 pixels, TF700 is 1920x1200=2,304,000 pixels (more than twice as many). The physical size of the screen does not matter,its how many pixels you are driving. The TF300 does have the same processor as the TF700, the TF700 is just clocked higher (1.6 ghz vs 1.2 ghz). The persons explanation was right on when they said their TF300 seemed “snappier” because of the difference in resolution. Although I have used the TF700 and have not found significant “lagginess” issues. Chances are that some people have some bad apps installed that are causing memory leaks.

I bought two of these when they first came out last year. Very pleased overall! As to lag time, it did slow down after a year of use, but purging the cache did wonders to revive it!
As an aside(off topic), I mistakenly bought Vivotab tablet on last Woot Asus tablet sale thinking its keyboard would match the Infinity. Not so! Not even the power adapter matched. Of course, Vivotab is Asus’s discontinued attempt at Win RT but I still love it!

Dont like newegg? What is wrong with you…

I bought one of these on Woot last April (sans keyboard) for $374.99, so with the keyboard this is an outstanding deal.

I have not had any problems with it at all except cause by myself for adding too many apps. Videos play fine, and the keyboard dock I bought at Amazon has been flawless. The only complaint I have is that the volume doesn’t seem to be able to get very loud, and the speakers in the back aren’t that great. When i got it, I attached it to the keyboard, charged them both up, and watched 12 hours of Game of Thrones non stop on the battery

Overall, I would definitely recommend this at this price. You will get regular OTA updates from Asus (mine is now running Android Version 4.2.1 - Jellybean). Oh, and definitely get the keyboard…its worth the extra money

Any chance I can get a price match from this purchase just 8 days ago: Asus 10.1" 32GB Tablet with Keyboard.

I bought this unit a year ago. The screen touch function went bad just before the warranty expired. I had to mail it to them to get it repaired. Got it back and the screen went bad again not too long after. I can still mostly use it with the mouse pad on the keyboard, but I also have lots of lag issues now.

I do not recommend this product and would not buy something from ASUS again.

I have a TF101 (very FIRST ASUS tablet with keyboard).

There are probably better tablets out there, but I chose the ASUS because of the keyboard. Absolutely AWESOME INCREDIBLE concept.

-The battery life is “bazillions of hours”. :smiley:
-great stand for videochat (adjustable, unlike most tablet stands)
-typing is a breeze for email/forums
-multiple storage options (take the SD card out of a camera, use a thumbdrive or portable harddrive
-extra keys on keyboard for common settings (volume, skiptrack, settings, lockscreen, whatever)

Also, the combo is fairly heavy, but totally worth it to me when traveling to have that super-long battery life.

Ironic… I was just researching the ASUS MeMO 10" tablet yesterday. It seems to be getting stellar reviews. I was going to ask the community which they felt was better. Right now, I can get the MeMO ME302 (32gb) for $348 with folio keyboard case at Sam’s. It seems to have better specs (1920x1200 fhd, 2 GB ram, nicer speakers). I don’t know much about processors, but it has the Intel Clover Trail processor, and assuming from what I read, seems to be a powerful processor?

So, did I answer my own question?

Also saw a couple weeks ago, Sam’s was offering the 16GB version (without folio keyboard) for $247! But, that sale is over… sad face…

I bought this tablet and it was shipped with a faulty charger. I received a refund.
I bought this tablet with keyboard (it is not a wireless keyboard) and the tablet cannot be woken up after it has been in sleep mode for more than 30 seconds. I did send it in for repair to ASUS. I had to pay for the shipping. I received the tablet back week later, the technician had done a firmware upgrade…but the problem was not solved. I have sent the tablet again to ASUS for repair. I hope other buyers will have more luck. No more ASUS for me.

The TF700T will give you a brighter screen, in IPS+ mode will hit 600 nits- the ASUS MeMO Pad FHD 10 display goes about 300 nits- reviews regarding the display say it’s a little washed out. I don’t believe the folio keyboard has a battery either, whereas the TF700T keyboard has an additional battery built in for another 8 hours of runtime.

The keyboard has a separate battery. This keyboard has to physically connect as opposed for instance to the MS Surface.

I have had the exact same experience. bought mine refurbished from Walmart instead of Woot, slightly cheaper, better guarantee…screen quit before my 90 day manu warranty. after I spent hours locating info on who at Asus to call, and getting through their intentionally ridiculous telephone maze, I got a helpful person, who even agreed, with a supervisor ok, to send me a FED EX express return mail tag. Well…there wasn’t a place to mail from closer than 35 miles, so another week delay in returning…then found I had to PAY Fedex anyway…no word when recieved, I finally called, tracked it down, and got it back a week later, surprisingly my own tablet, without being wiped. that’s the good news. the bad news it two weeks later same problem. no screen. so…back to square one, but the 90 day warranty is over…and we are back to Walmart warranty. I haven’t had the time to wade through the info to send it back.
It works fine, tho with the described lag when it works. But gotta wonder after all whether I should have bit the bullet and bought an IPAD, tho I said I never would…

The TF701T has been released I got mine on Monday from newegg for $449

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231350

I think the battery is only there to power the bluetooth, I don’t see anywhere where it says the Memo folio keyboard acts as an auxiliary power supply in the way the keyboard does for the TF700T

http://promos.asus.com/ca/MeMOPad/FHD10/
FOLIO KEYBOARD
The only accessory you’ll need as the 3-in-1 functions as a cover, stand, and Bluetooth keyboard!

How do you like it?

Hey all, we’ve got some great conversation going but I’d love to hear more about the actual tablet. Especially from those that have one.

What are your personal pros and cons? Would you recommend it?

This is a good deal for last year’s refurbished model.

I own it, I love it.

This year’s model recently came out, it’s the TF701T on sale at Amazon for $449. It is better pretty much everywhere except for the rear facing camera, which is 5MP instead of 8MP.

Anyhow, if you don’t mind last year’s refurbished technology then I’d say this is a very good deal.

Specs straight from the horse’s mouth: https://www.asus.com/Tablets_Mobile/ASUS_Transformer_Pad_TF700T#specifications

I got one of these - factory reconditioned TF700T+dock - from Woot back in April (70$ more expensive back then). It replaced my original TF101+dock. I was pleased to get a system update almost immediately (Jellybean 4.2 with some tweaks to improve initial sluggish keyboard - works quite well).

I have used it to do the typical tablet stuff (watch streaming videos, web browse, read .pdf and epub books) and it works fine for all that.

The dock is a snug fit, and it is less top-heavy than the original TF101 (which would often fall over backwards if you angled it incorrectly). Not to say the TF700 won’t topple over if you give it a steep angle. It’s never been a problem for me, but understand this thing isn’t as stable as a laptop, because the tablet weighs more than the keyboard.

The keyboard is reasonable for use - I have fairly skinny fingers, though, so for sausage-fingered techies, it may be less usable. I have typed out 7 or so pages of text at a go and had no problems.

The screen is very nice - incredibly bright with the IPS+ option turned on, though I admit I have little experience using it in direct sunlight. The auto-brightness option keeps the screen very visible (more so than the TF101 in my opinion). Video playback over Youtube, through Netflix and the built in player (for local MP4 videos) has never let me down - I have never seen it lag or had audio lose sync with the video.

I have used this to do a little bit of development (using the free version of the AIDE app) and the device handled it well. It’s not my ideal development setup, but it worked.

As for lag - I do have a minor complaint. I don’t think the device is laggy once you load up a few apps and everything is ready to go, but I have noticed significant lag when I first fire up the wifi or power it up. It seems like the lag is mostly from all the google tools syncing up (mail takes a long time, but the worst is the google play store). Speaking of the play store - the whole chore of downloading and installing updates is incredibly slow on this - much slower than my phone. It can take about 3-5 minutes before the tablet is usable when you have to install more than a couple updates.

For me, the device at this price is worth it, but that is mostly because I really enjoy the dock - having a full, attatched keyboard at hand all the time is worth the price, even if a Google Nexus or a Galaxy Note device would let me avoid the minor startup lag I have with my TF700.