Asus Chromebook Flip 10.1" Convertible Laptop

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Asus Chromebook Flip 10.1" Convertible Laptop
Price: $169.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Aug 28 to Tuesday, Aug 29) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](Asus Chromebook Flip 10.1" Convertible Laptop) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Asus Chromebook Flip 10.1" Convertible Laptop) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Asus - Google Shopping Chromebook Flip 10.1" Convertible Laptop)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
11/28/2016 - $179.99 - 199.9 (Woot-off) - 1 comment(s)

4/10/2017 - $169.99 (Woot Plus)
2/22/2017 - $179.99 (Woot Plus)
1/25/2017 - $179.99 (Woot Plus)

Is this one of the few chromebooks that can run android apps? I mean why else would one need a touchscreen chromebook?

Yup, works with Android apps.

Indeed, here is the link: Chrome OS Systems Supporting Android Apps - The Chromium Projects
This is the first one listed under Asus.

I have one of these and love it, MS Office from the Android store is no longer available though. It worked great having word and excel with a keyboard.
The screen is 10.1" so it should work but is disabled for this model now. Otherwise runs every android app I try and has great battery life. Wish chromeOS was more touch friendly though.

Take this honest and free tip
The Asus Chromebook is one I’d skip
They are really slow
and don’t quickly go.
So don’t give me no lip.

I have a Asus Notebook and Asus cell phone. Nothing but problems for both of them. Steer clear of asus is my recommendation.

I wouldn’t get a Chromebook with only 2GB of RAM. In the three years I’ve owned my Acer C720 (also 2GB), updates that have increased the RAM usage of ChromeOS and increasingly complex webpages have left it able to open fewer and fewer tabs at once without running out of memory and forcibly closing tabs.

I’m typing this response on one of these devices. It’s my daily use machine. For my business (we run a non-profit event management web platform), we use plenty of Chromebooks. They’re cheap, easy to maintain, good battery life, etc. This works for me, especially at events, because I can type if I’m sitting, but if I need to stand I can fold it and carry it like a tablet.

The big negative is the same as on most devices that try to do two things - it does neither perfectly. The keyboard is small. I’m used to it now, but it’s tight. In tablet mode, it’s kind of awkward to hold since the keyboard is on the back end. And since it needs to be able to move and rotate like that, you can’t put a case on it.

Yep, I was tempted until I saw 2gb ram. The difference between my 2gb and 4gb chromebook is huge. No more 2gb chromebooks for me.

Asus is a crap company.

Right, so there’s a lot of hit and miss and complaints with this in the posts above. Let me make this sound like a some 90’s song and break it down for ya.

Pros:
Long battery life.
Light weight.
Very comfortable keyboard.
Runs most Android apps.
Fantastic for non-graphically intensive everyday use.

Cons:
The 2GB of Ram hinders a lot of the higher options a Chromebook can have with thinks like loading Chroot, emulating and streaming from Steam ready computers.
Not all websites will be able to connect that ‘Chrome OS’ is a full browser and you will some times have pages that refuse to let you access links and downloads. (Looking at you ca.gov!)
Display is some kind of glass rather than poly/plastic, so you need to use caution when wanting to use a stylist. Which also brings up…
Stylist not included.
There was a known memory leak when I owned this device with the use of older Flash powered apps and plugins that could cause a shut down. This isn’t that bad of a problem with Chrome OS, as everything will often load right back up when it turns back on. If you’re using the G-Suite of things for documents, they’ll even be updated from the last thing you typed.

Summary:
It’s not bad. It’s $100 off from the current price for this Chromebook but it is also not the newest. If you’re looking for ultra portability and access without squinting at your phone, it’s not a bad buy. It’s limited in what is can do because of the ram, but it is not a bad work horse for some one doing document processing, college, and web surfing or those who Netflix binge.

6/10, would buy again if I could get it with more ram.

I have one of these. It’s really slow, the keyboard is cramped, and the screen and touchpad are bad.

On the other hand, it’s pretty indestructible. I dropped mine, the case cracked open, and I just squeezed it back together and there were no ill effects.

ARM processor means you’l be SERIOUSLY limited if you try to use it as a linux box. Basically you’re stuck with arch, and lots of basic software won’t work.

I have this Chomebook and love it. It’s one of the best laptop purchases I’ve made. That being said, I got an ASUS desktop and it’s terrible. The brand is hit or miss. My experience with this product is good, I’ve had my machine for awhile now, and I’m surprised a refurnished one isn’t cheaper.