ASUS Chromebook Flip C302 2-In-1 Laptop

ASUS Chromebook Flip C302 2-In-1 Laptop

Ok; I can understand why they’d hide you in another sale. You wouldn’t make it with the rest of the “cheap” chromebooks.

Water’s ready for some pasta!

Updates through June 2023, you’ll have ~1 more year of updates remaining (out of six years) which is BAD. After that date, no security updates / bug fixes / etc will be released for this device. ALL Chrome based devices have a limited ‘shelf life’ as, “All Chrome OS devices now receive regular upgrades for a minimum of six and a half years from when their chipset first appeared on the platform”

DO NOT BUY unless you’re looking for a Chromebook to tinker with and know how to load an alternate OS onto this device (and, no, it’s not like loading windows).

Normally I’d complain about the screen here, however, this has a 1080p screen. What I will complain about (and Woot can’t fix) is that it seems every time a ChromeBook has a 1080p screen the rest of the specs are overkill for a Chromebook. ChromeOS (or whatever it’s called) is a very lightweight OS. This processor is major overkill. But it is what it is.

Woot Staff: The End Of Life date should be at the top of the specs; it’s the single most important spec when buying a Chromebook/box ESPECIALLY considering Chrome based devices have a limited update lifetime (6 years from the first date of manufacture). I see the information in blue in the specs and while that’s a start, the information is still at the bottom of the specs.