Asus Computers

What is the size of the hard drive on the $249.00 laptop? It says 320GB in the description, but the specifications say 500GB…

It has a 320GB hard drive. We’ve fixed the specs. Thank you for pointing out the err of our ways. :frowning:

I think it’s awesome ASUS gets its own corner. Now when my friends ask me the question of “What kind of computer should I get?” I can just link them here.

Then try something like a Cyberpower from Tigerdirect or some other not-massive-prebuilt-pc-conglomerate that sells pre-built computers without monitors. Or build your own. B)

I love everything about the Asus U46E-RAL6 gold laptop, except for the chiclet keyboard. If only it had regular keys, I’d be all over it. :-/

My laptop’s screen has a faulty connection in the hinge. Anyone know where I can get a similar laptop with normal keys? A usb keyboard isn’t very portable.

I’ve been a Woot customer since 2006 and I’ve never seen worse customer service from them. This quote is true of my experience on two products. Most recently, I received an HP Pavillion computer that was defective right out of the box. Obviously, still under warrant… Woot said to work the warranty through HP. HP Customer Service validated that the computer was non-operational and said the exchange needed to be worked with Woot.

When informed of this ‘new’ information, the Woot Customer Service Represenative (I won’t mention his name, because he’s the ‘Rainman’ --without the special skills-- of Customer Service Reps) told me he contactacted HP to “send a replacement computer ASAP.” The “ASAP” should have been my first clue that this was a delay tactic. After not hearing from him for a week, I asked the Woot Customer Service Rep for a status. He told me, HP hadn’t provided a response and I needed to send the computer back to Woot for a refund.

Be an informed buyer. All this took 3+ weeks. Woot customer service is terrible. When you buy a product, you’d better hope it works!!

BE WARNED! Asus may refuse to honor warranties because Woot does not always provide a model number in the invoice. I would never buy an Asus branded something from Woot until one company or the other budges on this issue.*

• That said, Woot is very nice about returns, if you don’t mind having wasted your time because Woot probably won’t have any replacements (so why did I buy this thing in the first place).