Asus Eee Box Nettop PC with Radeon HD Video & HDMI

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Asus Eee Box Nettop PC with Radeon HD Video & HDMI
$189.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:

• 1 Asus EB1006 Eee Box 1.6GHz, 1GB DDR2, 160GB SATA, HDMI, 802.11n, XP Home, Wireless Mouse & Keyboard

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Is this capable of only 720p HD quality, or can it stream 1080p without issues?

Windows XP doesn’t work for me. I’d have to turn it into a Linux box. Anyone know if there’s any problems with that??

I see two sides of this.
Upside: Radeon. You will probably be able to play at least a 720p video.
Downside: single core Atom will drag everything down. If this had a dual-core Atom, it would’ve been a killer deal.

Previous Woot

…and thanks to all who asked about me. :shy:

I wanted one of these to run a status board off an LCD TV. Would look great in the war room at the office.

A poor man’s version of what they do over at Panic

I kinda wanted one of these, but I think I’m going to wait until they have one of the eee pc 1000 series up again.

p.s. anyone else having issues with http://deals.woot.com ?

I’m trying to go to http://deals.woot.com/sellout to look at the razer mouse and it wont load, just gives me a blank screen!

[MOD: Reported Deals. Thanks for the heads-up.]

[m1sterb0b: Your welcome for the heads-up, it loads now but very slowly compared to woot.com and shirt.woot, maybe high traffic?]

[MOD: Don’t think so. I woke the poor code slave up to look into it.]

Product Website

Very cool idea when you are light on desk space.

Will this run Boxee, Hulu, Netflix, Youtube, Quake, Farmville, SETI, iTunes, and Jib Jab videos all at the same time? Us Boxee-Hulu-Netflix-Youtube-Quake-Farmville-SETI-iTunes-Jib-Jab lovers must know!

What an interesting looking PC… looks more like a HardDrive honestly, but at least it comes with a decent video card unlike most. The fact that is has HDMI is also a nice touch, as it’s like a portable computer you can just hookup to your HDTV and have nice resolution.

I’d say for the price it’s not too bad, but I’d still prefer a netbook than to have a need of finding a tv or monitor to attach it to all the time. It’s nice though.

has anyone run boxee (http://www.boxee.tv/) with this? any good?

Congrats on the half-millenium mark!

1080p? It’s possible. Without issues? Not likely.

I use an old laptop for this purpose. Works great.

Will this gadget make my TV high def? And can you go on YouTube?

CNet has a nice review and a lot of specs. ASUS Eee Box EB1006

I couldn’t agree more–I’d be in for 2 if it had an Atom N450 (or something similar). An NVidia chip would be nice, though.

Please, Mr. Woot, bring back those “famous maker” refurb monitors. I need one to use with my Woot-off HP computer (which, by the way, is a real computer, not this lame underpowered toy).