Asus Eee PC 10.1” Netbook with Windows XP

Got the 250GB one on the netbook blowout a couple weeks ago.

Turn all the system resourses to minimum and you can easily stream netflix/hulu/etc.

I love this little netbook. Though the battery life with wireless on is not even remotely 3 hours.

Build quality is excellent. Makes me want to trade in my 17" HP notebook for an ASUS.

Bought one and got it today. Screen is gray only. Can view with external monitor, but the built in display is broken. Contacted Asus and hope to get a new one. Let’s hope Asus’ customer support is adequate. Could contact woot, but that would just give me my money back. :frowning:

Got mine today. Assume battery is DOA (won’t take/hold a charge). Works fine on wall-power. Wish I’d been quicker on the D600 deal that was up earlier in the day. I had one of those for work & loved it (wish they hadn’t “upgraded” me to the POS I have now).

Nearly two weeks in and this experience has certainly but Asus in the “DO NOT WANT” camp for me. Slow & poor offshore support, useless suggestions for “fixes” that indicate that the rep either did not read the problem description or ignored it and just parroted the key-word-flagged response from their Support Manual.

Only option now appears to be a full RMA where I pay to ship, track, and insure my defective unit back to them & wait lord-only-knows how long for them to send one that hopefully works.

Not blaming woot on this one, but I am not very happy with this purchase.