ASUS G11CD Intel Core i5, GTX 960 Gaming Desktop (Open Box)

ASUS G11CD Intel Core i5, GTX 960 Gaming Desktop (Open Box)

“8 GB Solid State Drive dramatically improves the responsiveness of your system” :clown_face:

this is a really old computer to be selling like it’s new. that cpu doesn’t even have hyperthreading…

In woot’s defense, this isn’t listed as new but instead as “Factory reconditioned and an Open Box”

The real story here is the fact that they say it has an SSD that is half the minimum size required to have windows 10 installed. Typically when you see things like that listed, it means that the HDD is a hybrid that includes 8 GB of CACHE ssd which is unavailable for the user to access and is specifically allocated for caching system files.

It’s pretty overpriced for what it is. Newegg sold the much better version of the ASUS G11CD for $499 refurbished and it came with an GTX 970 with double the memory and a 256 GB SSD. https://www.newegg.com/p/1VK-001S-007B2

The price should definitely be way under $399. Walmart was selling the Refurb HP R5 w/ 1650 Super, 8 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD this month for $389. It’s sold out now, but that was a way better price for a way better computer with a way better GPU and SSD.

For $50 more you could get a Dell G5 i5-10400F, 1650 Super, 8 GB RAM, 512 SSD ($549.99) direct from dell new without dealing with refurb open box outdated hardware.

1 Like

The chances of getting that Walmart PC are slim, it gets posted on reddit buildapcsales subreddit and within 2-3 minutes they sell out. Walmart only ever has a few in stock(<10). I agree that this PC from woot is a bad deal at $484, it’s definitely a <$300 pc.

1 Like