Asus Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet

Asus Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet

How much for a 7 or 8 year old tablet?

Not sure if the 2012 or 2013 edition.

Give me some of that Woot Koolaid.

Well this prompted me to finally buy a replacement screen for my Nexus 7 I damaged a few years ago. $27.57 shipped.

Let’s see if I can fix this doohicky.

Pictures are of the 2013 edition, as are the linked reviews.

1 Like

Yeah, I should replacing the bulging battery in my 2013 LTE one, too…

The 2013 32GB Nexus 7 had a firmware bug related to the flash storage that causes the device to be bricked. Mine lasted 15 months and American Express’s extended warranty gave me a full refund.

Still the best functioning Android tablet I’ve used (before it bricked)

Mine is still going strong, not that I really use it anymore.

I ended up buying a $50 Amazon Fire 8"

I am sick and tired of it. slow, every few minutes I get an Amazon Alexa screen that makes me wonder if Amazon is listening to me while I am just surfing the web and farting.

If the screen replacement doesn’t work on the Nexus 7, time for a new one.

$252 ??? I’ll give you $2.52

There are tools that run in windows to remove all that amazon junk. it’s pretty helpful.
If you’re feeling especially techy, you can pop it open and with a linux install, force a bootloader and install Lineage OS. I think you can get LOS 14.1 on the HD8 (Nougat 7.1).

I did this to my HD10 tablet and it runs great!

If you aren’t a rooter, I present you with your gateway drug:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/hd8-hd10/development/official-amazon-fire-toolbox-v1-0-t3889604

Please for the love of god don’t buy this. Wow. I didn’t pay that much for it in 2013…wasn’t it $169 new?

This is insane. Surely it’ should be $25 at most? I still have that nexus in a drawer by the way. It worked great for many years, got an update from Google one day that made it absolutely useless. I flashed it with a handful of potential ROMS, it’s just not worth owning anymore.

Price Drop

Small Print: If you already purchased, that money will hop back into your pockets soonish.

Dropped over $100 and now sold out. Appears there were 3 and someone bought them all at that price.

I wonder if Google still upgrades the OS on those or if they are stuck in the 4’s.

The last official version was 6.0.1 (Marshmallow).

There are ROMs though.

I’m running Pie (9.0) on mine.

I wish all my tablets had Qi charging capability like this one.