Asus MeMO Pad 10.1" Full-HD 16GB Tablet

Asus MeMO Pad 10.1" Full-HD 16GB Tablet

A refurbished six year old tablet that got meh reviews when new? Yikes.

3 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking. Where did they dig these relics up?

2 Likes

I’m in for one. Perfect for dedicated control of Spotify/Hue/WEMO/whatever when you don’t want an eavesdropping “smart” speaker in your house.

1 Like

I’m running Oreo 8.1 on it right now and its smooth as butter. Pie update is in the works as well. Mind you this is custom ROMs but it is still being developed.
Stable 8.1: [ROM][LOS][8.1][ME302KL][DUMA]LineageOS 15.1 Unofficial for MeMOPAD10 FHD | XDA Forums
Beta 9.0: [ROM][LOS][9.0][ME302KL][DUMA]LineageOS 16.0 Unofficial for MeMOPAD10 FHD | XDA Forums
For $50 at least you are not stuck with an Amazon ‘alternative’
This replaced my 2.5 year old Fire HD 10 that was complete junk especially compared to the performance of this.

2 Likes

I have noticed different outlets selling these Asus MeMo Pads for under a hundred bucks. I then saw the “meh” comments and checked out the reviews from 5-6 years ago. Yep… reviews then cited weak display. I also hesitated when I saw mention of 1 GB RAM. But then I reread the ad/ blurb here on Woot and guess what? The RAM is 2 GB, not 1. The display is full HD, not the lame one cited in what must have been an earlier model. And $52 for what started out as $300? I’m in!

1 Like

PLEASE, do NOT buy these!!! I had a ASUS MeMO Pad FHD 10 ME302C-A1-BL 10.1-Inch 16GB Tablet (Blue) that died for NO reason at all!!! Couldn’t even figure out what died on it, so it had to be the mainboard. You cannot fix these, either. They are just garbage slow anyway to begin with. They just aren’t worth the price at all. I couldn’t even recommend one at $10. Just do yourself a favor and stay away from it.

You do realize that you are comparing 2 completely different tablets?
Yours was with the Intel chipset
This is with the Qualcomm
Not exactly an apples to apples comparison here

spunrod tip my hat to you. I loaded lineage os (iirc oreo 8.1) and the tablet works well. I don’t play games but do read news papers, browse the web, read my email and use it as a phone with the t-mobile app. I could probably use a sip client to access my voip account too if I already didn’t max out my lines on that account.
Basically, If your tech savvy, this is a 4.5 star buy. Value wise ***** stars. If your not, the android 4.x os is getting a bit long in the tooth and you will have some limitations.

2 Likes

Does anything even run on Android Jellybean anymore? :weary:

REFURBISHED:
By Woot Standards (AMAZON), where the item is REPAIRED, RECONDITIONED, BUT FIXED

To DATE 4 out of 5 Items ordered have arrived STILL BROKEN

This Pad was yet another one of those, the corner is so cracked that the glass is detached – NOT REPAIRED

I question ordering anything from woot anymore.

Just got mine, and going through it. The micro HDMI is broken, looks like someone pulled out the cable at an angle or something. WTF. The charger isn’t original but 3rd party hama 1A/2A and it charges the tablet really slowly.

Testing the rest of the tablet. I had bought it for the fact that it had micro hdmi, that has value to me. I’m coming from an HP Touchpad, and don’t game, mainly reading books/magazines, and watching video’s.
First impresson(s) - Nice screen, crisp and clear, very responsive tablet. Overall for ~$50 worth getting. Waiting to see how long the battery lasts.
THE WOOT REFURB IS A JOKE. It should really say - WOOT / AMAZON wiped the tablet clean and then stuck you with any other issue. Enjoy the screwing.

Waiting ALL day for it to fully charge since the cheap ass hama charger doesn’t support true USB 2.0 DCP mode. OH SURPRISE.

Last update - The HAMA charger stopped working, and then the tablet died completely. Lucky me it was within the return window. Actually I think it was in a total of 10 days that it died. Went back to woot.

Thanks for the info. I loaded the lineage OS as well and it is great. It was quite a learning experience. I mainly use it for Reddit, reading the newspaper, and watching YT videos. The factory firmware was crashing too often on modern websites.