Asus MeMO Pad 10.1" Full-HD 16GB Tablet

I bought one the last time this was listed on Woot. Unfortunately I have to agree with the prior post about quality. I received one that not only looked very poor physically, it didn’t even power on. I returned it and got a refund, but seeing what qualifies as “refurbished” on here will keep me from ever purchasing electronics on here again. Hope you guys have a better experience!

Is there a way to update the OS?

I would like the ability to use the tablet play Netflix offline and the FAQ says it needs to be at least 4.4.2. The tablet listed here is 4.2.

There are custom ROMS to get it all the way to Nougat (the 7.1.2 version of Nougat), such as this one, but obviously you’d lose warranty support from Woot etc.

If you want an even more recent version of Android, @dublea has linked to a ROM based on Pie.

1 Like

Flashing a ROM should not affect warranty as you can flash it back to factory and re-lock the bootloader. Asus support site even has the files to do so.

Tell that to Samsung (because of KNOX).

1 Like

How complicated is that? I’m comfortable as a user, but I’d be a complete novice at doing that, although I’d buy a couple in a heartbeat if it’s a simple fix.

Thanks, assuming you ever read this.

The one that I got was shared,not happy at all and for my trouble I get a $10 code…

Hi there. I’m very sorry for the screen condition. You should have been given an option to return it for a full refund as well. Please contact CS again. I’ll touch base with them on this side as well.

Thanks!

1 Like