Asus Tablets

Please clarify “Factory Reconditioned”. Is it the same as “Manufacturer Refurbished” or is it “Seller Refurbished”?

We don’t do any refurbishing ourselves.

A “factory reconditioned” item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It’s as close to new as you can get without technically being “new”.

Refurbished covers everything from buyers’ remorse returns and products whose defects have been repaired by the pros to damaged packaging and discontinued items. If you can accept their checkered past, refurbs have a lot of love to give.

I bought one of the transformer tablets for my husband the last time these came up (about 4 months ago). It ran Android, not Windows, but it seems to be the same tablet. It was also factory reconditioned. We’ve never had an issue with factory reconditioning before, so I didn’t add a warranty to it. I guess I should have. The power switch seems to be failing, causing it to go into a reboot cycle. It will try to spontaneously shut down, even if it has a full charge. It’s too late to add a square trade warranty (must be done within 90 days), and it’s past the manufacturer’s 90 day warranty as well.

It’s too bad, because my husband loves the tablet. He gets frustrated with touch screen typing, and appreciates the keyboard, but likes the ability to detach it and use it in a more lightweight manner.

Does the T100 still come preinstalled with Office?

It will depend on if the previous own activated it or not. That’s why we don’t list it. If they didn’t activate it, you’re golden.

FYI, I bought the TF700t reco from Woot a few months back and it arrived without the keyboard. I was the first sucker to purchase so I guess I got the crummy one. I contacted Woot and they gave me $50 off the price but couldn’t offer me a replacement keyboard.

That said, it’s a great tab for my son. He loves it and it performs a lot better than my Gen 1 iPad. I think it’s a great tablet, but I bought it because I wanted him to have the keyboard and it just didn’t happen.

You should have sent it back. What’s the use without the keyboard? That’s the reason you purchased it.

I won’t be the 1st to buy ever if that’s the reason this happened to you. Lots of tablets you could have purchased that don’t offer the keyboard for less money and more to it. Thanks for the story, I will hesitate purchasing this. We almost ordered it for a parent who wants a keyboard with a lightweight computer-tablet.

Yeah, unfortunately it arrived the week of his birthday and I didn’t have time to wait for a new sale on them. Didn’t want to spend the full price on a new one because he’s 6 and there’s a chance it gets broken. $50 off the price was nice, but I was willing to spend full price for the keyboard.

Been trying to get to the Samsung items & being routed to another Woot site. What up with that?

Where are you seeing Samsung items? Is it an ad? This sale has just Asus products.

In Sellout. on the same page as the Asus

Do you have a link? I’m as lost as TT.

you can get non refurb for $158 at Walmart.

No, you can’t. Refurb at Wally-World goes for $205.99
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Refurbished-Google-Nexus-7-2013-Tablet-Android-4.3-Jelly-Bean-32-GB-7-IPS-1920-x-1200-rear-camera-front-camera/26617791

And I am in for 1.