ASUS Transformer Book 10.1" 64GB Tablet

these things are amazing, the full power of windows without the price. for those who got a bad experience from previous atom computers (used to be called netbooks) intel’s new line starting with the chip in this tablet fixed those issues. i dont have this hang on simple tasks like older atom devices would and it can even run light games like LOL and stream gaming like through steam, with streaming ive been able to play skyrim on this device in my bedroom while my wife sleeps

I wish I had seen this before I wrote my thoughts over on the MeMo pad. It was pretty hard to find comparisons between processors like Atoms and mobile snapdragons. But I think id just have to give it credit that the Atom with a boost is going to out perform the snapdragon cpu. That with a keyboard thrown in, I believe, makes this a better buy.

A note from this sales “First Sucker”:

We have several of these in our extended family and they are fine as dual purpose machines for those who do light work and are looking for a tablet and media device with a detachable cover keyboard. I advise not buying a 32GB model as after updates and basic software installs there is not much room on the primary drive left.

That said, the lead picture in this item description indicates that the unit has Office. The refurbished unit I received two days ago from this sale did not include Office. A new unit has Office 2013 Home and Student.

The unit I received crashed at initial start up while the battery was empty. The power supply was very hot. This indicates that the power supply shipped with the unit was unable to sustain the power needed for a heavy load without relying on the battery. As that was not our experience with other units, we are returning this one.

I got one of these a couple of weeks ago for my daughter, and it was DOA. Can I send it back to Woot for a replacement, or do we need to go through Acer? (Spent almost an hour on the phone with Acer support; they had trouble believing it was a refurb DOA, though I don’t blame them – I did, too.)

If she sends it to Woot, does she have to pay for shipping?

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your order. Most often we recommend you contact the manufacturer of the product as they’re inclined to assist with the warranty and/or issue.

If you haven’t already, please email into support@woot.com and let them know what you’re encountering. They’ll be more than happy to help answer any questions or concerns you have with your order.