ASUS Transformer Book 10.1" 64GB Tablet

Does anyone know if this comes with the Microsoft Office 2013 home and student package?

That depends on if the original owner registered their copy or not. Since this is refurbished, it’s been owned before. The previous owner is the legal rightsholder to the software that came with it (and microsoft licenses are non-transferrable, last I checked). If they registered it or activated it, you cannot. If they didn’t, you’re golden. But it’s a toss-up, and woot does not guarantee the software on-board.

I wonder if I can ditch Windows 8.1 and downgrade to Windows 7 Pro…

Be careful with Asus products. I recently bought an upgrade to the TF700 that Woot sells sometimes. The TF701’s keyboard dock (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FJDXSN4) has a large number of one-star reviews talking about how it simply falls apart after a couple months.

Asus’s customer service is also awful. Their warranty site is incredibly difficult to use (I had to file FOUR RMA requests before it worked) and their customer service agents are barely literate.

I’m still waiting on my refund for the tablet I unfortunately purchased. I bought it direct from Asus, and when I requested a return they told me I had to contact the retailer who sold me the device. I included my original ASUS invoice as part of my request, and they still didn’t notice that THEY were the retailer. That’s the kind of company you’re dealing with.

I don’t believe this model has the Z3775 CPU. I think this has the slower Z3740 CPU.

I bought one very similarfrom Woot for my spouse a while back. It was a nice little tablet while it lasted. It developed problems with the switch. It wouldn’t turn on. We cracked the case and pulled out the switch that stuck out of the case, as it wouldn’t stop making contact with the power switch (causing it to automatically shut down). At that point, the tip of an ink pen was how it was powered on and off. It also developed problems with charging. It eventually gave up the ghost a couple of months ago. So, basically, it lasted about 6 months. For $200, I really wish it had lasted longer. The switch problem started about month 4, which meant it was outside of the 90 day warranty period.

The ebay one has a trial version of Windows 8.1. Is this one on Woot a full Windows or trial?

No, the RAM is not upgradeable. (Neither is the hard drive, or really anything else aside from software.)

Win7 would be clunky to use with the touchscreen, but IMO I would just wait a few months for the Win10 free upgrade.

I have this tablet, and I love it, but I completely disagree that windows programs make apps obsolete. Windows 8 apps provide a far better touchscreen experience. In fact, on a 10" screen, the experience for many windows programs is compromised. The touchpad is essential for using a lot of them, but I generally avoid the desktop and stick to the (unfortunately limited) modern apps any time I undock.

I have this model. Family members have liked it enough that we bought 2 more. Here are some pros and cons:

Pros:
-HDMI out allows me to use it to show movies on my TV or projector.
-Fast enough to play games including CS:GO (lowest settings)
-Boots fast
-Great battery life

Cons:
-HDMI and Power ports are twitchey and won’t work with all cables/chargers
-Keyboard is not N-Key rollover so gaming can be frustrating (can only see 2-3 keys pressed down at once)
-Sleep still seems to use a lot of power so machine will be out of juice after 2 days when put to sleep with a full battery.
-Plastic shell is cheap and scratches easily. I covered with di-noc carbon fiber tape and am very happy.

Got my wife one from Woot back in November.

She uses it for Netflix, watching movies in bed, some surfing.

Works great as a small portable windows machine. Win8 isn’t terrible with a touchscreen.

I emailed woot about the Office2013 and never got a response, so I threw my copy of office2010 on it.

Good computer for the price, remember it’s a cheap little machine. If you are a serious gamer or want a desktop replacement this won’t do it for you!

So I bought one of these refurbed ASUS tablet and keyboard combos last year. I don’t think it’s the exact same model, but similar. The keyboard wasn’t in the box. Woot was cool about it and discounted my order by a couple bucks to make up for it but I was really hoping for the keyboard and it was for my son’s birthday so I didn’t have time to order a new one.

Nice tablet though. He plays with it a lot, even though it’s broken and he got a Samsung Galaxy from Gramma for Christmas.

I’m not aware of the existence of a “trial version” of Windows. Perhaps it means a trial version of MS Office?

OOPS! that was the wrong link. here is the correct one. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232314

Anyone know if I can add a 500 GB hard drive (HD) to the docking station? I install HD’s in laptops all the time. Is it the same 2.5 HD as a laptop? Is there an easy or a hard way to do this or is it not possible? THANKS!

I’ve had one for a few weeks and really like it.

When looking at reviews, be aware of which version it’s on. There are a number of generations/configurations. The keyboard and operating stability issues they had early on were rectified in later iterations (there was also a change to the case materials at some point).

The Mother Ship has these new for good prices’ worth the extra $$ for brand new, and with a 4x longer warranty (plus, as noted, you don’t know if Office will work).

Asus is replacing the entire line soon, so prices on these new are good.

Link please? Thanks!

The hard drive is not upgradable. It does have a micro sd slot. You could also attach a USB hard drive (it has a full USB port)

I have had this tablet / laptop for awhile and I have been really happy with it.

It’s pretty fast and the UI is responsive.
It’s full Windows (not RT) so it can run pretty much anything.
It is really light and portable.
The batter life is fantastic.

On the down side:
It’s plastic and while the screen and keyboard feel really nice, the back of the device feels a little cheap.
The connectors in the dock can easily be shorted with dust and debris, so you need to make sure it is clean before docking the tablet.
When the battery is dead, it does not like to power up even if it is plugged it - it need’s a bit of charge before it will start up at all so if it is dead you may still find yourself waiting around for it to charge enough to turn it on.

Everyone that sees it thinks it is a WAY more expensive device.