ASUS Transformer Book 10.1" Tablet

Check into ConsoleOS, look in the comments section too, for Android use. ConsoleOS will someday boot Android, and someone in the comments linked to a USB (live cd’ish)version of bootable Android, or Linux. I have not tested it yet, but did download it based upon the vibe.

“Asus! Asus!”

“Gesundheit!!!”

Picky little man here. Had one and returned it…the tablet is much heavier than the keyboard and it tips flat backwards rather enthusiastically. Also for tall tall me, the viewing angle was just horrible and not adjustable.

Does it come with Office ?

How much video storage does this device have? I am basically looking for something to have a few movies on and some music.
Any idea’s if thishas enough storage for that? Thanks!

BUYING GUIDE

Check out the Woot Buying Guide for Laptops and tell us what you think!

Sorry for the problems. You must have gotten hold of rep on an off day.

Asus (or their designated 3rd party) does accept Woot purchases for warranty. Make sure you register your Transformer as soon as you get it. You can do this online.

If you still have problems, contact our support and detail everything you’ve tried. They’ll help you out.

There’s no video storage. There’s just storage. The specs say 64GB (minus space for Windows). Plus whatever microSD card you want to put in it.

windows 8.1 32 bit

Is the keyboard on this full-size or are the keys somewhat smaller? Thinking about this for my wife but she does not like a “shrunken” keyboard.

I should mention she is used to a 13" MacBook keyboard.

This is probably a dumb question but does anyone know if you can run adobe programs (ie indesign) on this?

All hail cloud storage. I could see using this for photo editing. $12/yr gets you unlimited photo space on Amazon Cloud - you’d be set. Other cloud services would offer competitive prices for other needs and you have the security of your stuff being backed up and available anywhere.

Will this run 64-bit Windows 8/10 (when released)?

CS6 programs likely work
(https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-system-requirements.html) but keep in mind this has only 64 GB of storage. Between Windows and CS6 you would be eating up a very large chunk of that with little room for other media. You would likely need to consider external storage for heavy usage.

Also, being this is an SSD, the number of read/write cycles is significantly smaller than that of a traditional hard drive.

A better set of reviews from Newegg (sold out but was also $199 refurbished):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231359

Windows 8 64-bit is already available and would likely run as Intel indicates this processor is 64-bit. (Intel Atom Processor Z3740 2M Cache up to 1.86 GHz Product Specifications). I can only assume it would support Windows 10 64-bit as well, assuming requirements aren’t considerably higher than that of Windows 8.1.

It’s a cake frosting AND a floor polish! [SNL]

Would also like to know. Thanks!

I can’t specifically comment on this, but “get the right tool for the job” comes to mind.

A while back some clueless org asked me to make an hour video on a business desktop that shared working memory with video display memory. It doesn’t work well. Memory gets sucked up half way through and crashes.

I got a used digital workstation with separate video memory and that worked.

Indesign might work, but it might be painfully slow.

Even my audio editing software “strongly suggests” a second hard drive for temp files.

Perhaps someone who has tried this with Indesign can chime in. MY wife uses it all the time, but on a fairly hefty desktop.

I have the 13" version of this, and really only one complaint.

The keyboard to screen connection is mechanical only and does not charge or transmit signal. Charging is by USB, and signal is BT/USB. The keyboard battery life is far from fantastic, so you basically end up with an annoying USB cord (taking up your only USB port) half the time.