ASUS Transformer Book 10.1" Touch Laptop

ASUS Transformer Book 10.1" Touch Laptop

can one successfully run Ubuntu on this?

Looks like it’s possible but a hassle, like many linux installs. Page two had decent info.
http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/asus-transformer-book-t101ha-general/49827-help-get-linux-asus-transformer-book-t101ha.html

It’s a good idea though, I have an older one and they are really slow with Windows. Maybe I’ll have to play with it.

You might want to read the reviews for this thing before you buy.

We have two of these (bought for much less than this on ebay) and use them exclusively as child video players for long car trips. They’re weak and finicky as tablet computers, with occasional touchscreen and sound driver issues, but they’re great as video players. Install VLC or even MPHC, and you’re good to go. Just be sure to start charging the night before, because it takes foreeeeeever.

Who is refurbishing them?

These are refurbished by a third party company who we trust.

“TOP. MEN.”

2 Likes

Does it give the exact model number anywhere in the description? I know it’s a T101HA but that’s it.

Here you go: T101HA-C4-GR

Would this be the same company that refurbished the last batch of ASUS memo pads?

ok, so mine came. It is really clean, but for the life of me, I can’t figure out how to get it apart. I googled but it shows older models? I will try putting in the model number that ThunderThighs provided…

/derp. I closed it and it slides right off towards you. Very cool. I am pretty impressed with this device. It replaces my son’s Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 we bought years ago.

Stopped powering on today. :frowning: Plug it in and the light comes on like it is charging. Won’t power up. Suck.