Asus

I have the Transformer Infinity, and this tablet is the slowest Android device I’ve ever seen. It can often take a full minute to open an app or resume from sleep. And scrolling through webpages? More like herk-a-jerking through! This tablet caused me so much frustration and rage I almost lost my wife and my job and ended up in therapy. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND RUN AWAY FROM THIS TABLET!!!

I have the Transformer Infinity, and this tablet is the slowest Android device I’ve ever seen. It can often take a full minute to open an app or resume from sleep. And scrolling through webpages? More like herk-a-jerking through! This tablet caused me so much frustration and rage I almost lost my wife and my job and ended up in therapy. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND RUN AWAY FROM THIS TABLET!!!

I have the Transformer Infinity, and this tablet forces me to repeat myself in public forums.

Liar.

** Stay away from ASUS **

I bought a ASUS G74SX-DH71 17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop November 24, 2011.

I added upgrades to it 32 Gb RAM and 2 1Tb SSD’s.
It worked great with this configuration for almost a year.

The motherboard went bad and I sent in to be fixed.
ASUS repaired it and sent it back.
FedEX lost it and ASUS in their wisdom only insured it for $100.
So now I am out almost $5,000 (counting cost of extended warranty, hard drive upgrades and RAM upgrades), if nothing goes wrong with the product great, but if it does watch out.

ASUS customer service is less than stellar, the rep’s I talked to about it were “Oh well not our issue you need to contact FedEX” and gave me the opinion they could care less about it.
FedEX can’t/won’t do anything because ASUS only insured it for $100.
Love ASUS products and have in the past recommend them both professionally and personally, but that has ended.
I will never buy another ASUS product again and will make sure everyone I deal with never buy’s.
I have thought of suing but no lawyer will touch it so I am out a $5,0000 laptop.
This cost ASUS in more ways than one because I was planning on getting a new G750 with my tax return.

Products are great but customer service sucks.

In ASUS world it sucks to be me and they lost so much money because they chose to be cheap.

I would recommend going with another company that appreciates their customers.
If you do chose to go with an ASUS product hope and pray it never breaks, because then you’re in trouble.

What’s with the 1.o forward facing camera? OK for Selfies but bad for picture taking and videos.
Think I’ll go with Samsung.

Not impressed so far. Bought an X200CA as a cheap/disposable garage computer. I know why it’s a refurb now… after about 10 minutes, it starts making chirping noises. The sound is a lot like an extremely loud HD seek, but it’s not correlated with disk activity, and I think it’s coming from the speaker. No big deal, I thought, this happens with refurbs.

So far, Woot! has told me that they don’t have any available for replacement, even though they are still for sale, and Asus website is sufficiently broken that I couldn’t open a case. (Though they claim that’s due to “an upgrade”.)

Now attempting to get something useful out of their live chat.

My Transformer had a gorgeous display, fantastic keyboard dock and extensive battery life. However, the number one BEST thing about it was Woot refunded my money during the warranty period because it basically sucked.

I bought 4 Samsung Tablets in the March sales and my co-workers are quite happy with them. Even with the one we had to send to Samsung to fix/replace the charging socket.

Found the me400c cheaper on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261457678194?redirect=mobile

How’d you manage to do that? (I thought you would have been pawned off to ASUS support instead.)

I do have an Infinity, and while I say it isn’t the fastest thing on the market, it does move well for a $200 tablet. I don’t get a lot of jerking around, but the 1GB of RAM installed causes things to drop out and reload.

For 50 clams more, I’d still jump on the Samsung Tab3 Woot has over at Tech.Wootcom.

Received this item when it was being posted a little over a week ago, and I am not impressed with it.

Unit frequently locks up, the keyboard dock randomly loses communication, mousepad on the keyboard dock randomly ceases to function. If the unit falls asleep, it requires a hard reset to get the screen working again. I’ve attempted factory resets, and I’ve fully patched it to be current with no change in behavior.

I received a defective unit, and I’m currently working with Woot to exchange/refund it… which is turning into another disappointment, as Woot does NOT like to cooperate with returns.

I think its more of an ASUS then Woot issue.
Woot is a part of Amazon and I have never had an issue with Amazon.

Just do whatever it says on that little slip of paper that shipped with the unit and all will be fine.

I’m such a computer geek that I always thought the tablet’s problem had to do with something I was doing wrong. Then in one of those Eureka moments I realized my iPad never crashed, my Nexus was slow but it never crashed, and my tablet running a custom Android ROM rarely crashed – so it must be the Infinity.

I had a great experience with the Transformer for about a year then the lag became really bad. I found out that the memory (the 16GB or 32GB part) gets extremely fragmented. Android automatically takes care of this issue with many types but unfortunately not the kind the Transformer uses. The solution is to download a program that preforms a TRIM command and cleared up the lag completely.
check out

P.S. I use the LagFix Free App from the Play Store.

I just purchased an X200MA from Best Buy for $279. 500GB harddrive but no bluetooth. :frowning:

I was debating between the Asus Transformer T100 and the X200. But when it came right down to it, $100 cheaper for device with more ports and higher quality seemed like a good deal. (Using a tablet for legacy Windows apps isn’t very useful in practical use).

I’m impressed with the functionality and performance of this mega-netbook. The 11.6" display is actually pretty usable.

$239 for this refurb seems like a decent deal.

It is an issue with ASUS, but for a product to be misbehaving right out of the box is an issue for the retailer to address. You should only pursue resolution with the manufacturer when your business with the retailer has expired, but a warranty with the manufacturer still remains.

For good reason; the problem is the manufacturer providing the retailer with bad products, which in turn get sent to the customer. If the retailer is forced to handle these bad products, then the retailer will be forced to give more consideration to what products they deal, and what level of quality they distribute. THIS is what will cost the manufacturer money.

As an update, Woot has agreed to go ahead with the return for refund, and I’ll be going ahead with ordering another ASUS tablet to give it another shot.

I suppose my original issue with Woot can be explained by having a customer service rep who decided to skim my email and send me a canned response, which was entirely irrelevant to what I needed. My follow-up got proper attention from a different person, so fingers are crossed my next tablet turns out better.

That is the problem with some tech support the companies won’t let them think for themselves and only let them use canned messages and scripts.

I agree, this tablet is a pile of junk. Slow, and cheap feeling. RT sucks too. I heard it was bad, but wow, what a waste of time.