Asus

Also, the UX31-RSL8 did NOT come with a sleeve… I bought one on here for $7.

Are you sure you don’t mean 1600x900 because 1600x1200 is very different aspect ratio that i think wouldn’t fit of the screen.

Are you still within your warranty period? Because with those problems you might want to consider sending it in for repairs. You’re entitled to it. carry around extra keyboard just defeats the point of a light laptop. Asus changed the screen on mine because of some minor pink spots and they changed the motherboard while they were at it because of some BIOS problem they found. You should contact Asus if you can. I plan to nag Asus about every minor problem until the last day of the warranty

1600 x 900 is correct, sorry.
I don’t know if they can fix the keyboard, it seems to be a design flaw more than a problem with my specific machine, you just have to hit the keys very precisely. I read about it in reviews before I bought it, but didn’t expect it to be quite so bad.

WOOT, any idea when these may ship? I have to travel soon and need to make arrangements depending on timeline.

My version’s keys seem to be fine, I’m not sure if the touch and non touch version uses a different keyboard. Even if is its a common problem its still a problem. You are entitled to a repair or replacement. Just because its a known defect does not excuse Asus. they are obliged to provide a fully working machine.

Edit: the pointer jumping around might be because of bad palm rejection in the touch pad. It could be fixed with a driver update.

Okay, so I got mine yesterday - The UX31A 1080p Black touchscreen model. I’ve had good luck with Woot in the past with refurbished/reconditioned/“out of box” items, but my luck seems to have run out. The condition is 8/10. There are scratches on the underside and a significant scuff on the top. The blemishes I can live with, but my biggest gripe is the light bleed. OMG!!! I read the reviews but it’s worse than I expected. It’s really bad on black/dark grey backgrounds…be warned.

Sorry to hear it – I got the exact same model and would easily mark the quality at a 9.5 out of 10. A few visible fine scuffs, and little to no monitor bleed. Thing looks pretty awesome (though I’m having a few driver issues while trying to clean things up and free as much hard drive space as possible.)

Sorry your experience hasn’t been better :frowning:

Received mine in inflated pack (no inner box. Condition was fine EXCEPT there is a phantom on the screen. 2 inches high and about 1/2 inch wide semicircular ghost. Can see through it but unacceptable. Called ASUS and they gave me an RMA. Shipped back to them at my expense. Waiting for response…

Update: Quick turn around. Got back within a week. New LCD. Looks good so far.