AT&T DECT 6.0 Digital 4 Handset Cordless Phone with Digital Answering Machine

Corded dial phones are the way to go, thank you very much. Nothing like an authentic mechanical ring for the few times that the home phone rings.

Good Deal, Except I just bought 3 DECT 6.0 Digital Handset Cordless Phone’s and I do not like AT&T, regardless of what company they re branded this from.

big brother is watching us all

Here is this phone for circa $100 at (near bankrupt) Circuit City, with 31 user reviews:

[url=http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Customer-reviews-for-AT-T-SL82418-DECT-6-0-Digital-Four-Handset-Answering-System/sem/rpsm/oid/207329/callingModule/9/pageno/1/sortAction/1/sortby/3/order/D/rpem/ccd/ExpandedModule.do#custRatings]

My wife and I were just today discussing getting new cordless phones. I thought I was going to be out about $100 or more. Thanks, Woot!

I have these already and they work just fine. I paid 179.00 for the set last year. Just bought this so I have more extensions.

This is a nice one… we almost got it but didn’t need the 4th cordless, so we went with a VTech set. I kinda wish we had gone with this instead.

certainly would have cost us less… thanks for proving my hubby wrong, woot :wink:

Not having this particular model, I can’t answer definitively; but, what it means is you can intercom another phone while on a call instead of yelling upstairs. (Or, in my case, since I have a three-story house, running upstairs.)

“You bought me a gun rack. What am I going to do with a gun rack? I don’t even own A gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I going to do with a gun rack?”

Finally…My cordless phones stopped working a few weeks ago. My wife wanted to go buy new ones right away. I told her that Woot would have a deal on some cordless phones anytime.

Woot. cause who needs to buy more then 1 thing a day anyhow…

These are actually AT&T-licensed consumer electronics. I do not know what company actually made them though.

http://www.expta.com/uploaded_images/Unlocked_Workstation-742469.PNG

NO NO NO…

I don’t care who you are…that’s funny.

Who the hell still uses landline phones??

Exactly what I was thinking.

the warranty says, “90 day vtech” so i guess these are made buy vtech

Just a heads up…these still mess with WiFi…I’m assuming that the downlink is 2.4ghz or something, but they are murder to wifi…

The least Woot could have done is sell these as bags of crap so the woot community would have been happy, and we would have all possibly expected a bag full of pure crap such as this…hell throw a sansa in a couple of those bags and some wired headsets then its just your average woot bag o’ crap.

Oh yeah and a tootsie pop pill box would be the cherry on top…

And you claim this because…?
A. You have this exact set and it messes up your <insert wireless router brand and model here>
B. You have some other DECT 6.0 set and it messes up your <insert wireless router brand and model here>
C. “heard from a buddy of mine…”
Without knowing that your post is virtually useless. The DECT standard was specifically deigned to avoid interference to/from wi-fi and various other existing wireless data standards so your statement seems highly suspect.

EDIT: Of course if you set the base station right on top of your router or something you can likely cause some pretty funky stuff to happen regardless of the type of phone or network.