ATI TV Wonder HDTV PCI-e Tuner Card for PC

here’s the product website

and an html spec sheet

I have one of these in my Windows 7 HTPC. ATI does not have Win7 drivers on their site, but the Vista drivers work fine.

Anyone know if this is W7 64 compatible?

As I have posted before, I do not believe there is a low profile bracket available for this card.

I am confused with all the inputs!

What’s Composite and S-Video inputs have to do with HD video? Or are they SD inputs in fact?

I have a cable box that can feed HD video through either HDMI or Component – is there a way for me to hook that up through this card, so that I could be watching HD cable channels on my PC?

i bought the USB version of this from woot earlier for the same price…but now i’m wondering if i have a spare PCI-e slot open. guess i’ll have to take a look tomorrow.

about a month back or so frys had these for $30 with the remote and receiver. might be worth checking into if you have one near you

great price!

will this work with linux?

Not MythTV compatible: ATI/AMD - LinuxTVWiki

A few reviews on Amazon.

Great price, but some mediocre reviews, according to Amazon

EDIT: Gah! I have been beaten to the punch!

Anyway, I might pick one of these up. Some people complain about it only picking up digital signals…but it’s not like that matters any more.

Will this work in my laptop?

I bought this card last week for a Win 7 64 machine, ended up returning it, would work for a while then stop (needed to reboot to get it working again). returned it and bought a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1250. No problems so far. They have Win7 drivers on their site.

Chris

Composite and S-Video are in fact SD inputs. You are correct.

The HD only refers to using the built-in tuner to decode over-the-air or cable HDTV signals. You might be able to bypass the cable box, but a HD output of the cable box is not going to plug into this card.

No.

Unfortunately, woot rarely puts up TV Tuner cards that’ll work with mythtv/linux at a decent price.

http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2009-December/274152.html

Nope, laptops don’t have PCI-E slots.

How do you install this physically into the pc or laptop???

http://static.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
Who ya gonna call? wooters.us!

ATI TV Wonder HDTV PCI-e Tuner Card for PC [New] - $19.99 + $5 shipping

1 * Diamond ATI TV Wonder TVW600PCIE PCI-e ATSC/Qam HDTV Tuner Card for PC

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.