ATI TV Wonder USB Digital HDTV Tuner

Your answer is in the writeup.

“Includes 22” telescopic, hinged antenna that screws on to a 2" diameter magnetic base

Does this support 64 bit Vista or just 32 bit?

Can USB even transfer data fast enough to view full HD, or does this lower the resolution before sending it to the PC?

Generally speaking, what works for Vista SHOULD work with 7.

No promises, though.

Can I record shows at 720p with this?

User reviews from CNet

http://reviews.cnet.com/tv-tuner-adapters/ati-tv-wonder-hd/4505-9332_7-32852985.html?tag=mncol;lst

and more specs from ZDnet

http://review.zdnet.com/product/tv-tuner-adapters/ati-tv-wonder-hd-600-usb-20-atsc-hdtv-receiver--analog-tv--radio-tuner--video-input-adapter-hi-speed-usb/32852985

That NSA kids site is he-larious!

Does the S-Video setup mean that in addition to the default function, I would be able to connect my PS2 to my PC with this?

It will only work if you like looking at still images that change only every few seconds. I have one of the Pinnacle USB HDTV sticks which I tried on my Eee and that is all I got was sound with still images that changed randomly. not a particularly exciting way to watch TV.

Well, it’s an ATi product after all…

Granted, my only experience with ATi tuners is with a very old model (TV Wonder VE PCI) but there was a painful amount of software to install- so much that the card was actually easier to set up and use under a Linux environment!

Still, Media Center integration is tempting. I’d definitely grab this if I knew it supported ClearQAM.

yes it works with windows 7

unit is junk really

i have one and even at 99 percent signal it skips or freezes

connect a cable input its ok
laptops it works barely

desktop go with a tuner card will work better

it will noy give you hd quality
otherwise pass

The Penguins say “yes”:

Apparently, you need a 2.6.27 or later kernel (any Linux distribution released in the last 18 months should suffice).

I’m in for one. I’ll let you know what I find.

Can I use this to play my game consoles on my computer monitor, or will it be too laggy?

pretty sure no QAM; worthless for me…

It is my understanding that these aren’t actually made by ATI, it would be either by Diamond or Visiontek using the ATI standard. For more detailed info you can check the Visiontek manual here:

Visiontek Manual

and the Diamond website here:

Diamond Website

in for 1

Doesn’t look like it. :frowning:

No official love for Windows 7, Mac OS X, or Linux. Here’s a link to drivers and other support info from AMD.

I’m interested in knowing this too

This is worth it just for the cool antenna. It has a magnetic base so it will easily maintain a secure hold onto the metal plate in your head. Better get two for symmetry. No, get three and go for even more fashionable radial symmetry.