Atmor Instant Tankless Electric Water Heaters

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5]

Atmor Instant Tankless Electric Water Heaters
Price: $71.99 - 84.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days. (Wednesday, Jan 06 to Monday, Jan 11) + transit
Condition: New

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](http://tools.woot.com/offers/atmor-instant-tankless-electric-water-heaters-8) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Atmor Instant Tankless Electric Water Heaters) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=shop&q=Atmor Instant Tankless Electric Water Heaters)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
10/10/2015 - $68.99 - 83.99 - Click To See Discussion (19 comments)
9/13/2015 - $68.99 - 83.99 - Click To See Discussion (15 comments)
8/2/2015 - $74.99 - 94.99 - Click To See Discussion (13 comments)

11/2/2015 - $74.99 (Woot Plus)
2/2/2015 - $80.99 (Woot Plus)

I can’t make heads or tails of the info on this product, and the chart just makes my head hurt, so I’m hoping someone with some experience with such devices might advise.

I live in an condo building in the SF Bay Area where on a “cold” day (low 40s day, mid 30s night), it can take 60+ seconds of running the “hot” water before I get any hot water. Being an environmentally conscious Wooter (in a drought state, no less), even though I don’t pay for my own water, that waste really bothers me, so I’m totally up for this kind of gadget.

But…

I have a small space under the sink in my bathroom, and no easy access to a power outlet without running the cord out of the cabinet and plugging into the one GFCI available on the light switch (the other one is occupied by a nightlight) — so I’m kinda thinking this isn’t a reasonable solution unless I’m going to get into the wall and run additional power below the sink.

Having said all that, if I was going to do this, which one of these damn things would I get, and why?

They are all 240 volt, which you don’t usually find in a bathroom or kitchen.

First thing to notice is that these require 240V so you’re not going to just plug it into the wall. This is going to require some electrical chops in addition to plumbing skills. Atmor recommends having a certified electrician handle the hookup.

As to which one to choose, check out this selection guide a little down on the product page. It shows you how to select based on your region and intended use.

There is also a chart on this page that cross references the models, flow rates, and how much temperature increase you can expect.

It pretty much works as you would expect. The more water per minute you use and/or the more you want to change the temperature, the more power you’re going to need.

Mods - On the Spec page the column headings list degrees F rinse. I think that’s supposed to be rise, as in how much the temperature of the water will change.

Just got a name brand of one of these. It cost a fortune more then the most expensive of these, so I’d be wary. The price therefore is a red flag. I’d research these A LOT before I got one.

Also, someone noted these take 240 volts. I don’t know electric, but I know they take a massive drain when they are on.

For the environmentally conscious poster, their value depends on your hot water usage. If you use a lot, often, these are not for you unless you don’t have room for a conventional heater. However, if your use is occasional, they are perfect.

No water to keep hot, so they don’t have the constant drain, but boy do they suck up juice when they do.

Also, MAKE SURE THEY HAVE THEIR OWN CIRCUIT.

Thanks for the 411, folks. I’d missed the 240V, so I guess that all she wrote for me.

If I could make it work, I would. All I need is 30-45 seconds of hot water while waiting for the building’s own hot to travel from the tanks that are hell-and-gone on the other end of 40 units.

I’ll continue to seek other means for warming the water which runs for that 30-45 seconds.

Adieu!

If it bothers you to waste the water, fill jugs until the water is hot. Drink it or put it on your plants.

if you can get a 240 line even put in in your area…

UNLESS your water is super soft (very low TDS) do not install one of these. It will be a maintenance nightmare, 240V aside. Go with a 110V 2.5 gal. tank installed below the sink. In minutes I installed a Stiebel Eltron SHC 2.5 Mini-Tank Electric Water Heater, plugged in. Now the wife has instant HOT water (130F). I ran my large house hot water heater line into the COLD (IN) side and the 2.5 gal. OUT port to the kitchen faucet. The mini water heater just sits on the floor. We love it.

It seems like a pretty cool idea, but based on these comments it sounds like it is not very practical. Here I was thinking “whats even the point of a hot water tank if you can just use these instead”.

My mom used an electric kettle to heat water at her bathroom sink. I use a plastic gallon jug to collect water at kitchen sink and use to water house plants after a day or so to let the chlorine dissipate.

With the unit I described there’s no waste reason why I put it in. I got tired of the wife flipping the faucet to hot and just when it warmed up a bit, flipping it off. All it did was waste hot water that was still in the 30’ long hot water supply line to our kitchen sink. Took more time to unbox it than install it. Will take only minutes to unscrew the supply lines, unplug it, lift it out and drain the minerals out occasionally.

I concur.

I just want people to know that tankless water heaters are not maintenance problems per se. We have saved quite a bit of money with ours. Our biggest concern was that we heard we wouldn’t have hot water if there were multi sources using (i.e. dishwasher, wash machine, showers) but this is absolutely not true. Water pressure in this scenario is a different story. There are five of us plus we have lots of visitors, so we are heavy water users at times. Going to a tankless water heater was a great option.

Ours was a bigger, more expensive model. The gas company installed it (here in NC). This was about 7 years ago and we have had no issues. Pretty much everyone we know has done the same. And none of us have maintenance issues with our tankless heaters (knock wood). We live in a housing development where many water heaters were tanked, installed in the attic - and at 20 years out, many people are choosing to replace with tankless because who wants their attic flooded with a leaky water heater?

FYI: Aunt has had multiple electric units burn out. It’s a good idea to research gas on-demand water heaters. :wink:

Reviews on the AT-900-04 over at Home Depot
Here is the link to the Atmor Home

I’ve heard that gas units are much more efficient than electrical, plus electrical cannot get water as hot as gas so if you like super hot perhaps these would not be the best option.

Gas versus electric. Apples and oranges. Please note that the sales and conversation is about a small electric tankless.

Talk to any plumber and he’ll warn not to install a tankless heater especially if you have hard water. Those heating elements don’t last and the lines tend to clog up.

Check out some of the horror stories at Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Atmor-AT-900-08-Tankless-Electric-Instant/dp/B00LNICJMA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1451833060&sr=8-4&keywords=Atmor+Instant+Tankless+Electric+Water+Heaters