ATO iSee 360i Video Recorder for Apple iPod

PC Mag review 2.5 out of 5

$231 at Sprenzy

$214 at Pricegrabber

iSee 360i Accessories

Of all vidcaps they could’ve used… maybe next time they’ll use some hottie like scarlett j

You guys are funny people complaining about stuff that is actually cheap and semi useful ie car battery jumper. Yet an add on to an iPod that is more then half the price of an iPod that has a sketchy compatability list. And doesn’t work with ipods larger then 40GB or any iPod photo. How stupid… But wait it works for Nano… AWESOME!!!

I’m surprised this isn’t being marketed to Shuffle owners haha

And yet no one has mentioned the $40.00 rebate… might want to revise pricing to reflect this.

An iPod accessory that isn’t supported with Mac software? Thanks for nothing.

So I can watch video (albeit teensy) on my nano??? Go ahead, make fun of me… I won a nano and haven’t really gotten “into” it yet.

So that’s how it works - this thing is cool! (This is a direct link from their site - hope they’re not mad).

http://www.isee-ato.com/images/HomeInsert.gif

i only have a shuffle, so i won’t be able to get this, but i was just wonderin…

is this in lamens terms a camcorder for an ipod? or is it like a vcr for your ipod??

either way, i don’t really understand the usefullness aside from the bigger screen

this is kind of stupid, if they’re going to rely on the iPod for storage, they may as well make it rely on the video screen also and be able to cut the cost down significantly. That may be a separate product market, admittedly, but seriously why cant this unit just take any USB mass storage device instead of an ipod?

…weak. It seems to goot to be true. But honestly, who watches videos on their ipods? I have a 30gig ipod that i never watch videos on. You ask me why, because the battery life for watching videos SUCK!!! Give us an ad-on that is useful please!!!

Nearly $200? That’s crazy!

I record analog to my DVD recorder (including stuff from my TiVo). Then I put the DVD into my computer. Then I run this PQ DVD software to convert it to a file that uploads to my iPod. Done.

http://www.pqdvd.com/dvd-to-ipod-video-converter.html

Only $35.

Oh, and the software I bought worked with my commercial Fargo DVD.

An iPod accessory that isn’t MAC compatible!!! Bwahahahahaha!!! That’s priceless! Good thing I don’t have a MAC! Long live Bill!

I call it my TV tuner. Set it to record in the iRiver’s preferred format… giving it new videos is drag-and-drop; no conversion required.

But I suppose some people would rather have an iPod.

(still very satisfied with my Woot-given iRiver)

At first I thought… “How the hell does this work?”

Then I found out, and found myself saying. I See (iSee) Aptly Named.

I want to go to heaven. I know I have to get woots to do this. I’ve wooted from my cell phone in fact. But it’s hard to buy something which I just don’t understand. If I’ve got the grasp of the item, it uses an Apple iPod as an external hard drive to store videos?

So I gotta keep this charged, keep the iPod charged, plus keep the cables to hook these two things together so that I can watch videos?

For the same price, why not just buy one of the zillion media players out there? I mean, I could find some vague reason for the USB locks, but this?

Not the worst woot ever, but one of those ya gotta ask: why?

Archos’s products are great and wold be ipod killers if they had marketing even half as good as apple’s. check out the av500 30 gig which is still cheaper than this woot+an ipod if you wanted to start from scratch. check it out here: http://www.archos.com/products/video/av_500/index.html?country=global&lang=en
Great reliability and features. $350 on amazon.

And i just have to say, does this thing record at 360i??? not even 480p dvd quality?? haha ok jk.

In layman’s terms, it is a analog to digital converter and screen for an iPod. Has no camera, so can’t be a camcorder. Has no cassette, so can’t be a VCR.

Basically it takes an ANALOG input, converts it to digital and records it (video and/or audio) on the iPod. Has a screen for playback.

Pretty cool, but no iPod for me.

Check the mainpage… It’s been on there.

Nuts, I own an ipod mini. I would’ve gotten it but I don’t want to have to shell out an extra $28 (19.99 + 7.99 shipping to san diego, ca) for the extra adapter. =( This looks really neat though, especially if you have dvr. =)

anyone have one of these…because you would be a lot cooler if you did