Attila Hard Apple Cider Case of 12

Having posted my previous comment, it is true I may not have tried a 100% apple product. I seem to remember seeing a cider labled “Organic” at the store but I’ve not purchased it. That being said, I have a difficult time believing it was at this price point.

Thanx for backing me up!

Finn River, Tieton Cider Works, Blue Mountain Cider, Julian just to name a few all retail over $7/bottle or more plus shipping and handling charges.

all i’m saying is this is woot.com, not weareoverpricedcraftbeers.com

people come here looking for “deals”, not for the privilege of being able to pay about as much as anywhere else.

Watchu Talkin 'bout, Willis?

Perhaps you failed math. Price point here on Wine.Woot is around $6.92 a bottle ($77.99 + $5 shipping = $82.99 total, then divided by 12 makes it $6.92 a bottle). Which makes it at least $2 below your Crispin’s craft ciders.

I do seem to recall seeing a retail price point around $16, which would be above it, but that’s not the Woot price.

Sorry, but one of my pet peeves is someone who doesn’t do the math right.

I see the GF, but nothing about it not being from concentrate.

Check again … this is under your normal retail price of most Hard Ciders.

Yes, the “deals” aren’t as good as before, but it’s better than anywhere on the internetwebz.

“Always true to the apple, Crispin Hard Ciders naturally fermented in the USA use fresh pressed apple-juice, not from apple juice concentrate, from a premium blend of US West Coast apples, with no added malt, grape wine or spirit alcohol. Crispin’s unique USA produced ciders are smoothed with pure apple juice or from natural sugar sources like organic honey or organic maple syrup, and contain no added colorants, sorbate or benzoate preservatives.”

http://www.binnys.com/beer/Crispin_Cider_Original_53704.html
seven dollars fifty cents divided by forty-eight ounces equals fifteen point six cents per/oz.

vs.

eighty dollars divided by two hundred sixty-four ounces equals thirty point three cents per/oz.

~YOU do the math

Oooh, cat fight! This could get nastier than Game of Thrones. Time for some popcorn…

I like hard cider and like trying new things, but I think being this is a new offer it would have been better to go with 6 at a lower price point than 12. Then maybe more would be willing to give it a try.

I love my hard cider but this is a hard price point as a blind buy.
Its going to be hard to top Crispin Honey Crisp hard cider (http://www.binnys.com/beer/Crispin_Honey_Crisp_53707.html) especially given the price point. If only there was a way to do a tasting… :frowning:

A small batch cider house in my area retails 750ml bottles for $15, but I can go to the tasting room and try stuff before I buy it. Even if it was one bottle for $8-$10, I’d be willing to bite, but a whole case? What if it tastes like vinegar?

Hey all, less bickering and more talking about the offer. Which most of this is on topic but just for the heck of it…

“(1:53 AM, today) [Insider] raisedbywolves notes”

Aww, woot. You missed a golden opportunity to make another cider pun. “Incider”

[MOD: Ooooh, nice. Fixed. ]

I’m really excited to see hard cider on here, but this is too much to drop on something I haven’t tried.

I’m not saying the price per ounce is bad, just that the total price is too much of an investment. Perhaps three or six bottles would have been a better offer.

A 6pack might have been a good idea here since it can be scaled up to two or three orders. Especially since it’s a new thing to woot.

This made me laught SOOO hard. Haha

And I have to agree. My first reaction was that this was a bit pricy. But I dont buy alot of cider. Mostly just Miller light. Guess im just not classy enough for that thar pricy apple stuff.

Man, I think I simultaneously agree with both sides of the fight. :slight_smile:

On one hand, it’s similarly priced (err, not the same, but…a reasonable woot discount from retail) to what I’ve seen when visiting cideries (is that the right word?) E.g., I’ve visited these people a few times: http://store.foggyridgecider.com/cider-c2.aspx <-That should link to their price page showing 750 ml bottles for about $16ish a pop.

The tasting was pleasant. The people were lovely. I bought a token bottle on my way out to give them a little more support.

I didn’t buy 12 bottles, because of two things:

(1) I like my ciders in 12 oz bottles. I don’t like flat or warm cider and I don’t like to feel like I need multiple people around and committed to drinking glasses at the same time. I usually reach for it on a hot afternoon, and I want the fresh single serving experience. Counter point to that is the “boutique” ciders I’ve had, had a lot less fizz…so maybe the makers don’t expect it to be consumed in one sitting. I like a little fizz.

(2) I don’t enjoy it more than I enjoy a lot cheaper options at the grocery store. Which probably means I don’t have a developed palette for cider and I might very well be drinking stuff from concentrate. That said, since I can’t tell a difference…I have a hard time paying 4x (this potato math figure was derived from the $16 price point in my story…please don’t yell at me, Mark).

This probably condemns me to “horrible cider palette” for sure…but I’ve been enjoying Trader Joe’s Newton’s Folly for cheap and refreshing cider recently. I see now it has some pretty horrible reviews online. If you try it though…avoid the Granny Smith variety. Blick.