AudioSnax Echo Dot Docking Station / Cordless Speaker

AudioSnax Echo Dot Docking Station / Cordless Speaker

Where they getting $199? That’s total BS.

In addition to the ridiculous list price, the review star total doesn’t add up.

5 * 60% = 3
4 * 10% = .4
3 * 2% = .06
2 * 4% = .08
1 * 22% = .22

3+.4+.06+.08+.22 = 3.76 stars, not 4.1 stars. That’s too far off to be rounding.

Ratings on Amazon seem to skewer this thing. I thought it sounded like a neat idea, but apparently it’s not well made.

From amazon when you tap on the star rating:

Amazon calculates a product’s star ratings using a machine learned model instead of a raw data average. The machine learned model takes into account factors including: the age of a review, helpfulness votes by customers and whether the reviews are from verified purchases.

I’ve had this for about six months. Sounds great and the battery lasts about five hours, but I still can’t get my Dot to levitate over the top of this thing.

4 Likes

Wait. Now we need a speaker to hold another speaker.

Yo dawg, I heard you like speakers.

2 Likes

so since this is a regular dot it should work with the music everywhere function right?

the tap or whatever yesterday reportedly did not.

1 Like

I was going to get this but apparently you have to buy a speaker to dock with a speaker. And it’s still mono. (?!?!)

ENHANCE YOUR ECHO DOT - Boost the powers of your Amazon echo dot with this docking station which enhances audio output and input for more sound and clarity in any room. Please note that Echo dot is sold separately and not included

Yes, that’s how I use mine.

I hope they attach zero weight to reviews like this … “I just bought this snowblower. I haven’t used it yet but it looks like it will do the job well.”
Or …
Fifty 5-star reviews with the same date all from people named “Amazon Customer”. (I tried to report this one but it wasn’t clear who to report fraudulent reviews to."

The MOST annoying “feature” of Amazon’s reviews is when they lump different products or variations thereof in the same star rating. Grrrrrr!!! Not that this is one of them, but really.

1 Like