AudioSource 200W Soundbar with Sonic Emotion 3D Sound

I can’t tell you how grateful I am that you took the time to so thoroughly and graciously answer my question. You’re a gentleman in my book.

Looking at the back of my set there’s a port marked “SPDIF”, which after a quick search appears to be incompatible with TOSLINK cables (although my head is spinning a bit after reading some tech articles, so I may be wrong).

Anyway, my great thanks once again for your generous spirit and considered reply to someone who is obviously well below your level. You have no idea what a relief it was getting a reply such as yours.

All the best!

Thanks for the detailed reply. I am going to wait and do more research.

Anytime, and I’m happy to help. SPDIF, I believe, is just a different way to term the digital optical port, and I think that it comes in two varieties. One with the TOSLINK connector, and one with an RCA connector. Which one does the TCL TV have? Does it look like an RCA jack? Or if you press into the middle does it appear that light is coming out of it? You might very well be able to use a standard TOSLINK digital optical audio cable and it would work. Anyway, hope you figure out what unit you want to go with. Honestly, if sound is a concern with the TV, any sound bar that you get will vastly improve your viewing experience. Good luck!

You’re welcome. Research is always the best thing that you can do in situations like this. As an owner of two Vizio sound bars, the aforementioned 2 channel sound bar, and their 5.1 channel sound bar. Those things are fantastic value for what you spend on them. I highly recommend them. The Sony you mentioned previously is also really, really, nice. I have a buddy with one of those and I’m pretty blown away by how loud it will get without distorting. Anyway, check out the Vizio’s if you’re researching, and I think you’ll find some compelling value. All of that said, that takes nothing away from this current deal, because I’m willing to bet that it sounds quite nice, and is a good value at $100.00.

Received mine in the mail the other day. Bluetooth receiver barely works. Any other bluetooth device I have works just fine with all my gadgets, but this thing starts popping and skipping if I get 10 feet away. Anything that gets in the line of sight: ie animals, people, and it starts skipping and missing packets. I’ve tried paring with Mac Pro OSX, iPhone6, Droid Raxr xt912, Lenovo w540 w/Win 7, Toshiba w/Ubuntu 14.02, and all have the same issue.

The faceplate is does not fit properly, and thus bows in the middle sticking out from the rest of the unit.

the device itself feels solid. decent lines and sounds good.

Volume is very slow to respond, along the lines of 100 steps to min/max instead of 15.

For $100 it’s not bad. Depending on how well their support works, I may gut it, and stuff a Raspi in there so I get streaming internet from it as well.

To me, one of the great features of Woot was the ability to read reviews/first impressions AFTER the sale, but hardly anyone does this anymore. Too bad, Woot lost a lot when this ended. Anyway thanks for your info!

So, Today is Aug 2, and I have yet to receive a replacement. I have been speaking with the VP of Engineering, why engineering???, and was told my replacement was being tested to ensure that it works properly. Sounds kinda shadey. The company was founded 20 years ago, and with this type of customer serivce I’m suprised they are still in business. Save your money and do not deal with audiosource.net. If I don’t get a replacement this week, I will request a return/refund from woot.

Mine broke :(. Figuring out the warranty process now.

What a piece of crap! Didn’t work right out of the box! Spend the extra money and buy a visio. Just more crap from woot! I have stopped buying anything from woot, third time I’ve been burned by this POC company!