Audiovox 8.5 inch Portable DVD Player with Car Kit and Under Counter Docking Station

Don’t have any misbehaving children to have use for this one… Personally, instead of a nearly $300 8" DVD player… I’d spend a little more & get a cheap laptop for that purpose & a whole lot more… much more bang for the buck!!

i notice there is not a price listed in the saynow sms tonight.

i hope that’s not a trend, the price is always the best part!

Does this do Divx and subtitle (.srt, or .sub) files?

haha, yeah right. like i can watch TV and drive. i already don’t pay attention

This is two products.

one is the 8.5" portable dvd player

the other is the under counter mount

the front page picture sows both in use together, the other image is just the dvd player by itself

you’re right, it is two different models in the pic. i can’t trust woot with this on. off to bed. later suckas

I dont think you got it.

This is a bundle of two separate products. look where it says on the front page:

product(s):
1 Audiovox DT85 8.5" Widescreen LCD/DVD Shuttle
1 Audiovox DKP102 Under Counter Docking Station

Its a 8.5" portable DVD player with a car kit and a separate under counter mount, you can use just the dvd player, or the dvd player int he car mounted to your seat, or the dvd player with a tv tuner mounted under your kitchen counter.

Am I the only one thats picked up on this so far?

can you use a coaxial on the docking station to function as a TV? This would be great for my bedroom, watching TV on a 8.5 inch screen haha

How does the docking station communicate with the shuttle? The docking station has AV input jacks and a TV tuner but doesn’t have any Vidio out jacks.

Docking unit/undercabinet dimensions:

* Length: 16.75"
* Width: 14.75"
* Height: 5.00"

Right. Woot messed up… I think it was clear to everyone you get a portable unit and an under-counter dock…but the close up pic is of a totally different tablet like unit.

You’re not getting the point. Look at the speaker grills on the monitor(s). They are showing 2 different monitors.

I think it looks more like this:

http://tinyurl.com/ybbyg8

(bundle on sale at buy.com for $306 sometime in the recent past)

Or it could be that audiovox changed the design of the speakers, notice everything else in those two images are identical, and the click through image matches the one found on amazon and vannshttp://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000EIKJUY/streetprices104-20
http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/features/485499539?v_c=PriceGrabber

Whether the image is right or not is not matter for me…no 275$ to spend on a portable dvd player. But it seems like a pretty good deal for what you get. Considering I have seen similar units in the past for much more.

this seems like a good deal, but then you would have to pay someone to install it for you…

too bad i already have an entertainment system in my car. i LOVE having it…

Yeah man, what’s wrong with you? Just take out the screw gun and put four or five screws through the ceiling of your car… pffft!

I could be wrong but I THINK he was joking!!!

… no, not joking. However, please consider using 3" carriage bolts instead of screws, so that tomorrow’s Weber Kettle Woot can be added atop the roof.

This might be a good deal, IF YOU DON’T HAVE TO SEND IT BACK TO AUDIOVOX TO GET IT FIXED LIKE THE DVD PLAYER I WOOTED 3 WEEKS AGO THAT WAS DOA.

not that I’m still angry about that…

Good Night and Good Luck.

ALVEENUS