Audiovox Portable 10” LCD TV with DVD Player and In-Car Mounting Kit

This is kind of cool, but how much does it weigh?

Shopzilla’s sweet list… from $219

Smarter.com’s cool list… from $219

MSN Shopping’s hot list… from $219

NexTag’s whack list… from $233

… there it is… enjoy it… sorry i was late… but i got caught up in a movie… oh well… not like anyone cares anyways… hope it was useful… btw… here’s a double usefull link for 2-way comparison… BizRate’s Dopd DVD Player Buying Guide… learn somthing… holler.

It’s a side loader, so the DVD just slides right into the unit itself.

that larger image pic is kinda creepy (the one you get when you click on the main page image). anybody know what movie it’s from?

Does it have a one button aspect ratio changer?

Does it play MP3s stored on a data DVD?

Always excellent Crutchfield has some GREAT photos of this. It DOES have a “Wide” button on the top for easy switching of aspect ratio.

Crutchfield Photos

Oh, and those cheapest prices via search engines are giving out pretty unreliable sources for the lowest price.

Additional pics and info at Crutchfield where the price is $299.99 (on sale).

This looks like a great deal from woot!

Read the description: …plays DVDs, CDs, and MP3 discs

Total Recall

FYI

Other sites selling this list a 90 day warranty (woot says 1 year).
User reviews at other sites say it will not play DVD+R discs.
User reviews roundly condemn Audiovox customer service. Base repair fee out of warranty appears to be $160 so just buy two.
The display has gotten high marks from several users.

Goodnight all.

I was thinking about burning a bunch of Pictures on a DVD and using it as a photo frame for the grandparents. Is the resolution good enough for that? I realize that it is wide screen, but at least I would have use for it when not in the car.

Also… someone said something about not having a “wired” headphone connection. It does. It also has RCA line out. So you can connect it to your car stereo pretty easily.

The six batteries is 2 for remote, and 2 for each of the 2 sets of wireless headphones.

Amazon.com says it requires two AAA batteries. Is this for the remote? I’m hoping the thing can run off batteries as well. The woot description says it comes with 6 AAA batteries. I’m not sure if amazon or woot is wrong about how many batteries it takes. Anyone own one of these?

ha good luck there, the point is not to strain your neck by looking down all the time…thats y they r put in headrests…eye level

Product of “New Math”

GET YOUR ASS TO MARS

I got one of these from Woot before, and it’s generally good.
The thing I don’t like about it is that it’s difficult to control the angle of the screen, based on the way we usually have our seats aligned.

As a travel DVD (use it in a hotel room) it would be great. In the car, medium good. nice bright screen, and i like that I have the pair of headphones for them. It’s reasonable, also, to use the enclosed wireless broadcaster to listen to the sound through the FM system.

It is not battery powered - so you use it with an AC outlet or by plugging it into your cig lighter.

Positive review.

I thought this interesting for my wheelchair as I’ve been wanting a portable TV/DVD to take around.

HOWEVER:

Further reading indicates this is powered only by an A/C adapter or a vehicle’s power plug but says nothing about an internal battery.

Total Recall ( Body count: 77 )

If you can see a 10" screen in the car in front of you well enough to watch what is on it, you are probably following too close.

I wish I could think of a use for this item to justify buying it, but I can’t.