Audiovox Portable DVD & VHS System with 5.6" LCD

Not a bad price at all… pick up a spare screen at your local target, if they still have any in stock on clearance…

:smiley: This is an AWESOME WOOT! I bought one, you should buy one, we’ll all buy one, it’ll be anarchy![/quote]

Vee-Aych-Ess?

I know of this DVD, but what pray-tell, is this other format mentioned?

Seems like a great deal if you are in the market for one of these beasties.

Froogle was $249-; I have to pass tonight though.

not for me…
good night forum
good night woot
good night moon
good night bookshelf
good night desk
good night laptop

ummm…is this the remote controlled T-Rex? Oh! No…wait! This is another dinosaur! :?

This is a dog…even at this price it won’t sell out. When did this first come out? It’s Sooooooo 20th century.

Check it out; with 2 screens even…
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=58348&item=5773706653&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Just a note to those interested. We’ve had the DVD only version for a couple years and it’s a decent system. The screen is detachable, which helps with glare and finding a decent place to stash the bulky player. My kids aren’t exactly easy on it and we haven’t had any problems yet. If you have more than one kid (OK assuming that’s who it’s for) I would suggest getting a second screen. I’ve seen them at BB and other places sold with two screens (DVD only) for around $180 I think. Also noticed a few going on Ebay for $75 to $120. I was looking for a bargain on a second screen - no luck yet.

Edit: Ours came with both the AC and 12v adapter.

long time browser, first time wooter. Where do we get the extra screens?

[quote user=“any1wannawoot?”]not for me…
good night forum
good night woot
good night moon
good night bookshelf
good night desk
good night laptop[/quote]

good night John Boy

LOL, This is what I got in the last Bag o crap

I bought the dinosaur, and now I wonder if there is a car adapter cord for it. And, if so, where do I get one?

[quote user=“charon”]Check it out; with 2 screens even…
http://cgi.Fleaebay.com/was/FleaBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=58348&item=5773706653&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW[/quote]

Thats a “like new” (nice way of saying USED) system and shipping is 30$ and you have no iidea if it is hotter than a French Whore, or IF unit is really even available. May be someone on here just ordered one, and its “on its way from their supplier.”

Nice try, but apples and oranges.

damm I wished this had the 8 track player too :wink:

You can also get a TV tuner for this item for picking up broadcast television. I guess there is some sort of coax-rca adapter that would allow you to hook up cable, but I’m not positive about that one.

One word of caution, on the audiovox website, they sell an optional cigarette lighter adapter. Nothing mentioned in the description about coming with one although it doesn’t mention a regular power cord either. Maybe it runs on AA’s. The manual posted on the audiovox website lists the contents as:

1. 1 x Detachable Monitor & VCP & DVD Player Combo
  2. 1 x DIN Cable
  3. 1 x AC to DC Adapter
  4. 1 x Cigarette Lighter Adapter
  5. 1 x Remote Control with 2 AAA Batteries
  6. 1 x Pouch
  7. 1 x Mounting Bag with 4 Straps
  8. 1 x Storage Bag
  9. 1 x Instruction Manual

Audiovox Website

I know it still the proverbial apples and oranges, but you get a widescreen DVD for $110:

[url]http://search.samsclub.com/eclub/search/search.do?simpleitemtype=0&action=search&searchtype=simple&simplesearchfor=7"+Mustek+Widescreen&x=16&y=9[/url]

[quote user=“Mike6”][quote user=“charon”]Check it out; with 2 screens even…
http://cgi.Fleaebay.com/was/FleaBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=58348&item=5773706653&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW[/quote]

Thats a “like new” (nice way of saying USED) system and shipping is 30$ and you have no iidea if it is hotter than a French Whore, or IF unit is really even available. May be someone on here just ordered one, and its “on its way from their supplier.”

Nice try, but apples and oranges.[/quote]

hehe, french whore…
ok, now im really going to bed!! mumble damn forum mumble addict

[quote user=“rogue16”]damm I wished this had the 8 track player too :wink:[/quote]and AM band too…huh, Petey?!? :wink: With preamp outs and inputs? SWEET!

What is the power source?