Auria 26” 720p LCD HDTV

My laptop from 2003 was 720p and my 2002 DLP projector was too.

Both looked like absolute crappola compared to my 1080p laptop or LCD!

Granted if you watch analog cable on 26" TV at 15’, you won’t see a difference. Depends on your application.

Sorry about the CNET review link FAIL.

Here are some actual reviews (grouped with similar models)…

Demo on YouTube

Ouch Woot, why do you have to be hating on Firefly? Ahh, Jewel Staite never looked so good.

wow, nice troll there, woot… >_>

Apparently a lot of people think that you can’t tell the difference between 720p and 1080p unless your screen is 50 inches. That is totally FALSE. People with 17 in monitors can tell the difference in resolution, which is what the number means. Don’t buy this if you want to use it for HD gaming or a computer monitor.

Jewel is cute, but I didn’t like her that much on Stargate: Atlantis.

As to the brand: I have a 32" Auria (bought new from ecost, if I remember correctly) and it is fine, in both picture and audio. The only complaint I have is that the on-set controls are at the top (which doesn’t apply here), instead of the side, which makes changing the channel, without a remote, difficult because I have it up on a bedroom dresser. I wouldn’t hesitate buying another Auria.

My 1.5 cents.

When watching movies (i.e. using such a screen as a TV), it is somewhat difficult for many people to tell the difference between the two resolutions.

Some 1080p looks worse than 720p. I’ve seen Blu-Rays that looks worse than what I get over-the-air.

Of course, when using a TV as a computer monitor, it’s much easier to see the difference in resolution as a difference in the size of on-screen elements. Text and buttons will be quite a bit smaller on a 1080p screen.

“And I need more Bill McNeil. Much, much more.””

Ah, so true, so very true. Sad now…sniff

Agreed, there is something about her in brown vest with grease on her face. Ahhh the memories. Plus Morena Baccarin was so much better in Firefly than on V.

So if you want a 26" LCD 1080i Computer Monitor, why not just buy one, instead of a 720p? Oh, that’s right… They cost about an extra $100, new.

If you want to get a 26" computer monitor, then quit crying about 720p and buy a 26" computer monitor, not a TV.

The contrast ratio 800:1 is not great and would do fine for a second tv in the kitchen…just dont expect to be amazed at the black levels.

Though this might sound repetitive, this resolution is fine for clarity. In fact, 720p (specifically, 1366x768) on a 26" monitor yields a 60ppi pixel density, while 1080p on a 50" screen is only 44ppi.

So, were you to analyze the pixels, they’d be more noticeable (bigger) on the larger screen, even though it has a higher resolution. I hope this helps somehow, or my math will be in vain.

For comparison’s sake, a typical 24" monitor with a resolution of 1920x1200 has a pixel density of about 94ppi.

Funny, it only takes me a couple of drinks…

Seriously - no one has complained that it’s only 60Hz? And then someone else is supposed to say “what do you expect at this price”? And finally someone would say “for 50 cents less I’d be in.”

If I bought an hdmi tv I’d also want to use it as a computer monitor, and 1080 is minimal for that.

She will be in P5Ych.

imdb

where ? please give a link and that would be including shipping right ?

I havn’t been able to find where they actually manufacture the TV’s yet, (though it’s probably safe to assume it’s not in the U.S.) but Auria TV’s are made by EQD Corp (in Mission Viejo, CA), and Steve Woo is the President/CEO.

Here is a resume page I found for him:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/steve-y-woo/4/323/184

EDIT: Found out where Auria TV’s are manufactured. Posted info here.

News Radio was such a ridiculously funny show. It never got good ratings, and that is such a shame.

Each of their last three seasons, they ran a series-ender, because they never knew if NBC would pick up the program again. Sadly, I think the passing of “Bill McNeil” finally did it in.

I know it wasn’t the same for me…certainly wasn’t the Real Deal