Aux Délices des Bois Black and White Truffle Butter

Aux Délices des Bois Black and White Truffle Butter 2-Pack
$34.99 $63.00 44% off List Price
Aux Délices des Bois Black Truffle Butter, 8 oz.
Aux Délices des Bois White Truffle Butter, 8 oz.

We can’t help lingering here to strut our stuff and maybe throw in a recipe or serving tip. Wooters, prepare your palates for a luscious umami fest!

what is the amount (roughly) fo black and white truffles in each of their respective butters? how long do the last in the refrigerator/freezer?

Thanks,
n13t2

I would also like to know what the shelf life is?

Without getting scientific, let’s just say that if you cut into Aux Delices des Bois truffle butters, and compare to other brands, you’re going to see how much truffle it takes to bring truffle flavor to the fore.
Keep the butters in the freezer for up to 18 months. Its high butterfat content preserves the integrity of the product. Freezing/thawing/refreezing doesn’t affect the texture or flavor. If you leave it in the fridge, use or freeze at about the six-week mark. Grab a spoon for some late night licking - move over, Haagen Dazs!

I purchased these a few years back and loved them! I kept small portions in my freezer and they lasted well over a year with no problems with flavor or freezer burn. Buying more!

Eh, I wasn’t going to buy it, but I had recently been looking at truffle oils and truffle salt (which keeps well), and I really think the butter might be a better (read: tastier) way to introduce the truffle flavor to my cookings, over oil or salt.

If anyone wants to try something less costly to see if truffles are for them, spend $4 at walmart or another grocery store that carries the Evol food products in their frozen food case. Buy their Truffle mac and cheese. You may just wind up loving the truffle flavor.

I’m not saying the evol brand is on par with this, but it does have a truffle flavor that will help you clue in as to if you need to spend $35 on a pound of butter or not. It’s a “cheap test” to see if it might interest you.

http://www.evolfoods.com/our-food/single-serve-meals/classics-single-serve/truffle-parmesan-mac-cheese

Well, you could also go really low-budget and try getting truffle flavor from the truffle potato chips on the market (didn’t work for us). A few reasons why truffle butter is better than oils and salts.
Truffle butter delivers BIG truffle flavors that linger on the palate. The butter’s luxurious mouth feel satisfies fat cravings. Think time/energy/$ savings: one dollop of truffle butter = your sauce, seasoning, and sides. Just add the protein/veg/grain of choice.

I’ve bought these before & kept them in the freezer for 1+ year with no change in flavor. I like to add a spoonful or so (doesn’t take much!) atop a steak while it rests–good stuff!

Best recipe:

A slab on top of a nice prime rib!

We bought these some time ago and ended up throwing them away. We did not know you could keep them in the freezer, so we kept them in the fridge and also did not know what to do with them. To me, the flavor is a bit strong, so you really have to want that flavor. For instance, if you put this on meat, it tends to overwhelm the taste of the meat. Sometimes you want that, sometimes you don’t. Regular (grass-fed) butter on the other hand seems to me to let the taste of the meat shine through. (And that’s true for vegetables, eggs, etc.) I personally add butter to a lot now, chicken, vegetables, steak, pork, anything reheated, but I haven’t found a good use for this truffle butter. Since we can put it in the freezer, though, maybe I’ll try it again.

Finally. Ran out of the black about 5 months ago and haven’t seen it pop back up for sale since. Every day without it is a little darker than the day before. I can now move forward with a happier life.

+1 for a dab of the black on top of a steak while it rests. For the white I love to bake fish and veggies in a foil pouch with a couple teaspoons. Curious what everybody else likes to do with them, need to try some new stuff.

I’ve been waiting for this to come back forever!

We use the black in mashed potatoes and on steak. The white is great under the skin of roast chicken and in risotto.

With veggies creeping ever more stealthily into the center of the plate, we’re fine tuning our everydays with truffle butter. Mashed parsnips, pureed cauliflower, baked sweet potato fries are great with the black. Bathe asparagus and peas and salsify and kale with white. Wild mushrooms, people! Saute, roast, grill, simmer, puree, stir-fry, reduce…black truffle butter completes and elevates any wild mushroom recipe.

You did hear the story about the squirrel and the white truffle butter, right? Evidently they are huge fans. Hope you left the lid ajar. Good for you for giving butter a chance. It adds immeasurably to our happiness - a splurge of mouth feel with every meal. Although we’d like you to melt truffle butter into everything on your plate, looks like you found your happy place. Truffle butter, even the super assertive white, can can be quite subtle, a murmer of ethereal goodness, when tucked under the skin of the chicken. Try the same idea with meat potpies, mushroom soup, any sauce you want to finish with a flourish. Duck and game benefit from a generous spoonful of black. With meat, add the pat just before tenting it for those few “resting” minutes. If your teaspoons accidentally turn into tablespoons, why not top if off with a tiny knob of the unsalted farmer butter? And freezers are made to prolong the joy. Yours should take these butters to grilling season quite nicely.

It also brings character to the grain party. White is the pow to rice’s plain. Barley, whether as soup or veggie vehicle. Farro best with wild mushroom stock and the black. Quinoa - your choice. All the “ancients” could use a subtle pickup, a notion that someone cares.

I make a delicious mushroom soup with a few knobs of the black plopped in at the end of cooking. I haven’t made it since I ran out of this butter a couple years ago, because truffle oil just isn’t the same.

I’ve yet to find a use for the white that I’m happy with though. Maybe the next time I saute mushrooms for something I’ll use the white. Haven’t tried that yet.

Great product. I buy these locally in 3.5oz tubs for $6.50 that actually comes out a little cheaper than this offer but that is beside the point. As mentioned truffle butters are way superior to truffle oil. Many oils contain zero truffle, if you look at ingredients most include “truffle aroma”. Yech. And that’s how they taste too, yech.

Anyway, highly recommended.

Ummm truffle butter …