Aux Délices des Bois Black and White Truffle Butter

“No soy sauce is used, a plus for those concerned by allergies.”

Unless your allergy is to all things dairy, spefically to casein.

i bought this last time. i recieved it after several days in transit. dont know if that mattered but i opened the white truffle and it molded within 10 days in the fridge. black is in the freezer unopened… if you buy use and freeze… hard to throw away 15 bucks worth of butter…

Wow, does this sound good! Thanks for the link.

just used the white truffle butter last night. Had cod fillet, just baked with a little butter and salt and right before I served it I put a small dollop of butter on each hot fillet - soooooooo goood!!!

Mine was shipped with an ice pack (not dry ice, just the gel or whatnot that comes in freezer ice packs) and with styrofoam lining the box. The ice pack was no longer frozen solid by the time it got to me, but the butter was still cold. However, it was very cold here in Wisconsin.

I would contact the seller. They were very nice and seemed very devoted to customer satisfaction when they were on the forum last time this was offered, and I think they’d want to make it right if they can.

shipped in styrofoam with ice pack - keeps it cool when shipped all over the country.

Swirl into pan sauce for meat, melt on a just-grilled steak or roast; omelet and other egg dishes, risotto, any vegetable …

Oh, well, not everything is to everyone’s taste! Maybe you should stick with chocolate truffles :slight_smile:

Oh, well, not everything is to everyone’s taste! Maybe you should stick with chocolate truffles :slight_smile:

I told myself no, no, you will be good. You will be strong and resist anything that isn’t Ty Caton, coffee or cheese.

But I am not strong. I am weak and I caved.

Owners here – we very rarely hear of mold on the butter and are so sorry that happened to you. We advise you to freeze the butter as soon as you get it, since it will cool down. You can keep it for a year in the freezer, and just chop a little off to use each time.

Contact us for a replacement.

Another idea - use the white in place of garlic butter. Toast the bread, spread, and nuke a few seconds. Tasty after school snack (guess what I’m doing …)

It is made with Wisconsin butter, 82% butterfat, from a dairy farm. We can’t share how the cows co-habit, but be assured you are getting topnotch butter and mix-ins.

so the butter itself made a round trip to WI

Keeps in freezer for a year. In fridge, 6 weeks.

Spent a few moments reading the comments…and like a flash, the offer was gone. Alas, truffle butter, we may meet some day.

Don’t cook w/it - it’s a garnish, and the heat releases the truffle’s aroma. Too much heat breaks down its flavor.

Follow these links to learn more about each truffles. Simple, informal primers.

http://goo.gl/Absbe

http://goo.gl/2lWF5

Dammit! I bought a set last time and we LOVE it. If only I had seen this earlier.

So do you guys own the cafe’s as well? Your 1700 location pricing is a little too expensive. I know we’re a captive audience, but come on.

Also - grilled vegetables every single day makes for very boring meals. Every. Day.

I kid… :wink: