Aux Délices des Bois Black and White Truffle Butter

woot gave up on that wine ever moving.

So there was only 4 of those…that bar was way off interesting. No thanks on the butter. give me more wine!!!

that might be the case also… 4 sold in 1 hour and an estimated 26 more to go.

I’ll take one in a Bag of crap please :smiley:

Woot! Been waiting a month for this to come back up. In for two this time, these have revolutionized the way that I cook.

Om nom nom.

This stuff makes the world a better place.

How is this butter being shipped? It’s sometimes in the 90’s here…

Woohoo my last 2 purchases bumped my square color. But looks like I might be there a while…thats a big range.

What does one do with Black and White Truffle Butter ?

Yummy truffle butter! If you don’t have 3 stacked in your freezer at the moment, you should definitely stock up! If WD will promise that this will be a regular woot-off item (as it seems to be) then I’ll use the stuff I have more quickly and restock more often :slight_smile:

$5 shipping would suggest regular fedex ground as I see no smartpost sign

+1

This is even more expensive than raw organic grass-fed butter. Can someone who has these on hand post the ingredient lists? Is it just butter with truffle oil?

Sorry, I meant how is it packed for shipping?

Smartpost, but last time it was packed with frozen ice packs in insulated packaging, no problem.

Thanks!!

Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: PaulaGreilinger
Speed to first woot: 0m 32.530s
Last wooter to woot: losthighwayz

Finally caved in. If I place in freezer does the butter still tats the same? Do you peps keep it in freezer and use as needed? Please advise as i doubt i will go thru this in a short period of time

A few answers to a few different wooters:

Ships in a small styrofoam cooler with mini icepacks. Arrived well last time

It contains truffle oil and a significant amount of actual truffle, small bits throughout the butter. The quality of the butter is excellent to start with.

As for recipes use it to finish a pasta, finish a steak or thicken/develop a good demi-glace, use a small amount with chicken or eggs when cooking sous vide for an intense truffle flavor or my personal favorite (which I ripped off from Serious Pie in Seattle): make truffle pizza with an olive oil base, truffled pecorino cheese, chanterelles or other wild mushrooms and brush the crust with a 1:1 mixture of melted truffle butter and regular butter.

donde esta cesare???

If like last time they use 2 (or 3?) day shipping. Inside the box the sides and bottom are lined with a thick layer of styrofoam and then on top of the butter is an ice pack and a lid of styrofoam. When I ordered it, it was in the 80’s and everything inside was still cold. I made sure I was home for that delivery so I could put the butter in the freezer immediately.