Aux Délices des Bois Black and White Truffle Butter

If you look at the pictures, you can see the flecks of truffle in the butter. At four figures a pound, truffle is obscenely expensive. Also, obscenely delicious. Mmmm. . . tasty tasty fungus.

How big are they?

Yes, keep these in the freezer and they will last for a very long time (think months, not weeks). Just carve into it with a knife when you need a tablespoon or two. Freezing doesn’t seem to affect the flavor or consistency at all.

You convinced me. I got one, now to think of ways to use this.

While it’s great they’re concerned about those with soy allergies, how about some concern to the 90% of the planet with dairy allergies. :frowning:
In for 0.

I wonder whether Truffle Butter does live up to the expectations (like the Grand Canyon if this comparison is allowed) or is it one of those things people buy because it’s expensive and a supposed gourmet item, but mostly like talking about how they love it?
This is a serious question. I don’t think I ever had some but would like to try it, if it’s REALLY good.
Thanks.

Thanks!

Sorry~see it’s 8oz

I’d like some information on the quality of the butter please. Does it come from grass-fed cows? Is it pasteurized? Any hormones or antibiotics?

This stuff is great!

Buy it now and look for recipes later. Trust me.

Black Truffle Butter on a grilled Filet Mignon is out of this world.

It is a garnish and is not to be used for actual cooking.

In for 3!!!

Agreed on the dairy allergies! But since that’s my roommate that’s allergic, I promised I’d buy her a bottle of truffle oil and some Soygarden margarine to imitate it. She will enjoy it, and I’ll get to enjoy the truffle butter!
In for one, nom!

I’m in. This stuff must be devine with eggs, add some fresh oyster mushrooms or spinach…mmmmmm

I still have two in the freezer… yummo with the black on steak and the white on seafood. Just carve out how much you want and let it thaw out. I’ll wait until I’m getting closer to empty. If you haven’t tried it, DO IT!!

Will this last in the freezer until August?

Yes

Very nice deal. This normally retails for $3 an ounce for the black truffle butter and $3.60 an ounce for the white truffle butter.

This is about $52 worth of tasty butter for only $29!

Does this have a kosher designation (the letter “U” with a circle around it)? Can’t quite tell.

Damn, I keep missing the truffle butter.

Mary, so do I. Maddening. I think it’s been four woot-offs since I decided to buy it – and just missed – and since then I’ve been a frustrated would-be gourmet. Must be an East Coast thing, the timing’s just off.

the timing is off. I watch too many cooking shows and have seen truffle butter being used for certain recipes. I wish Woot would post the next upcoming item so we could at least remember to look for it but I guess that would take the fun away…