Aux Délices des Bois Dried Wild Mushrooms - 4 pack

Umm, what am I supposed to do with these?

Hi and thanks for helping us launch Aux Délices des Bois Wild Mushrooms on winewoot. Out of hundreds of edible wild mushroom varieties, about 40 make it to our short list, mostly because their flavors are tantalizing, their hues extraordinary, and their textures positively seductive. These are our go-to dried mushrooms – the ones we cook with often (and with pleasure)!

Aux Délices des Bois Dried Wild Mushrooms - 4 pack
$29.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Dried
PRODUCTS:
1 Porcini 3oz bag
1 Morels 1oz bag
1 Mushroom Medley 3oz bag
1 Black Trumpet 3oz bag

Product website
Product website

So, um, are these…special?
Like can I…can I…you guys know. …

Trip out! :tongue:

Do you have to let them soak or something before you cook with these or do you just throw them in there?

What? We can’t have the jars too? Aww, and the jars were what brought me to the page. Boo. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dried mushrooms are great for many recipes, but I especially like to rehydrate them in a glass of good red wine and then add the mushrooms and wine to red sauce. The mushrooms retain the flavor of the wine wonderfully…

I guess there not of the magic variety?

yeah, they are dried…that’s great, but how do they taste in brownies?

More about the company on their website.

Don’t smoke them! Soak them, strain them, and throw them in the frying pan along with some other goodies.

Have you ever had issues with worms in the dried porcinis?

Not a big fan of dried mushrooms. :frowning:

I love tossing some dried mushrooms in the broth/stock for making risotto. They rehydrate and add wonderful flavor. Plus, you know, you have risotto.

They need to be rehydrated until they soften, even if you only have 15 minutes. Strain out the sand and clingons, and use the liquid as a sauce base.

DRIED MUSHROOM RECIPES

Basic Mushroom Recipes

How to Use Dried Mushrooms

WILD MUSHROOM RECIPES

Dried mushrooms (Recipe: potato and mushroom soup)

As a college student, I have to ask: what makes these dried wild mushrooms that much better than grocery store-purchased 'shrooms?

They add protein! But mushrooms come from the wild, and the worms were there first! Dried mushrooms very rarely have worms so no need to worry.