Aux Délices des Bois Dried Wild Mushrooms - 4 pack

This will be interesting!

Aux Délices des Bois Dried Wild Mushrooms - 4 pack
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: rhamnik
Speed to first woot: 2m 12.757s
Last wooter to woot: bsevern

If you include shipping, this comes out to $40 per pound. Doesn’t seem like a bad price for dried mushrooms. I wish I could afford these, but I can’t get too many luxuries in the just-out-of-college-with-my-first-real-job phase of my life. (Do these keep for 5+ years?)

Alright, in for 2. One for me and one for Christmas gifts to our foodie friends that will LOVE them!

My wife and I are intense wild mushroom gatherers here in eastern Washington. The cepes and morels are wonderful. The death trumpets are good, but very difficult to find in our area.

A pound of wild mushrooms usually yields about an ounce or two of dried ones. This deal is a good one if you are considering something like this. I’d spring for some, but I have gallon mason jars full of dried morels and porchinis.

Or you can keep them in the jars they come in. If they are dried well, they should. And commercial driers don’t want their products to spoil. If you are worried, I’d put the unopened jars in the freezer, just to be sure. We keep ours out on the counter, but I dry them until they are bone dry.

Just imagine an eighth…about that much…well minus the .5oz

Is there something up with the shipping on these? The SmartPost number pulls up on the page, but I just get the following:

Shipment information sent to FedEx
Please check back later for shipment status or subscribe for e-mail notifications

I too am still waiting for an indication of shipment…Anyone know what’s up?

Yeah, they sent shipping information to FedEx over a week ago, but the package was never shipped. Are they growing them from spores and drying each mushroom individually for each order processed or something?

Mine landed today, now I just need to figure out what to do with them :wink:

I have the same shipping update weirdness with mine…

I emailed woot and they said to allow 2-3 weeks for shipping, so I guess it’s not late until Wednesday.

Hmmm… November 1 and still no update on FedEx. This is the longest we’ve ever had to wait on goodies. Still, wonderful goodies and I’ve got my fingers crossed for truffle butter at the next .off or gift week!!

November 6 and still not shipped!

to: Thierry Farges and François Baumont

Let it be known I will NEVER purchase ANYTHING that you have to sell again. This is pathetic…

Hey all,

I firstly want to apologize. This is taking a bit longer than expected to be fulfilled and the winery is working on it. As soon as the items have shipped, the tracking data information that was sent to you previously will update automatically. If there is an indication made that this will take longer too terribly much longer to fulfill, we will provide more information here about it. I know you guys have been exceptionally patient and we very much appreciate that. I did want you to know we haven’t forgotten about you. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at service@woot.com.

So… got my email this morning that the Black Trumpets are going to be replaced with Chanterelles. Woo hoo! Hoping that means they will ship soon. Be nice to have them for Thanksgiving dishes. Thanks for the update woot!service people.

I hope everyone’s received their mushrooms by now.

Just wanted to say that tonight I used them in my first recipe.

My first beef burgundy, and O-M-G it’s terrific!!

I made it in the crockpot with 2.5lbs of a tri-tip roast. I used the recipe below as a base, and added a few more ingredients. I added more beef than the recipe called for, plus more wine, plus carrots, pearl and yellow onions, and about 1/3 of the bag of the Aux Délices des Bois Dried Wild Mushrooms medley wine.woot offered up a few weeks ago and all I can say is I wish I’d tried this years ago, it came out as good or better then anything I’ve had a at restaurant, and dare I say, even in France

I got home late tonight (that’s what crock pots are great for) and enjoyed it with a glass of 2007 Gazzi Pinot that’s been decanted since the crockpot started.

I highly recommend the above recipe, it’s easy and really tasty.

Cheers!