Avantree Portable Bluetooth Transceiver

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Avantree Portable Bluetooth Transceiver
$32.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

“MOM! He said TRANS!”

I have absolutely no idea what this thing does???

Great price for BT device that can be used to both transmit or receive. Unfortunately this unit only operates from battery power – if you plug in the USB to charge it the BT shuts off.

Seriously?

I was just about to buy this. Thanks for the heads up; this is a killer defect.

Made in transylvania

It allows you to transmit and/or receive audio over blue tooth. It supports the standard A2DP as well as Apt-X which provides close to CD quality audio with minimal lag. I’m thinking about getting one at some point to use in my car. I’ll plug it in to the aux port in my stereo and set it to receive mode. Then I can pair it with my phone and have the audio from my phone play over my car stereo without having to plug my phone into the stereo.

Not that great of a deal though. Amazon has this same device for $39.99 w/ free shipping.

Good looks, that’s a killer fault in this device…
I’ve been looking for a BT receiver for a while now, just so I can connect my phone to my speakers without having to keep it next to them and can choose music from the couch (ultimate laziness, here we go!)

Amazon has this for $40, which is slightly more tempting because of their return policy.

I don’t need transmitter though, just receiver. Anyone know of any solid BT receivers that will do what I’m looking for for sub-$40?

From their website:

The Avantree Saturn is a 2 in 1 Bluetooth receiver and tran- smitter which incorporated the latest “aptX” deocoder for ultimated Bluetooth hifi sound quality. The Saturn is very simple to use and enables any Bluetooth enabled music device to connect to both Bluetooth and non-Bluetooth devices.It can be used to enable a phone to transmit music to a home stereo system or just as easily, to allow a CD player or other device to transmit music to a Bluetooth enabled speake -r system or headphones. With a compact design and internal rechargeable battery with long play time, the Saturn is the ideal solution to link your music devices any time and any place you need it.

It seemed to be well rated but many of the reviews were in Chinese - maybe? so I’ll have to take their word about the rating.

http://www.avantree.com/Product-Bluetooth-wireless-music-Receiver--Transmitter-saturn-aptx-decoding-technology-added_632.html

If you used rechargable batteries, would the USB charge them and allow the device to work on AC?

carp!! In for one myself and didn’t realize that. Should’ve hit the comments again before I pulled the twigger on this one :frowning:

You could just press the round button to power it on again, when you charging the device.
Then it could be able to stream audio whilst charging.

Hi, there. We are the manufacturer of this item.

At the moment, due to the circuit protection, it does turn off if you insert the charging cable during operation time. But you can easily turn it back on with a single click while charging.

Although a simple action, this obviously brought confusion to users and we will address this issue in future production.

We appreciate all the constructive suggestions here! Thanks, folks!!

Tony

Yes, it does.

Hi, there. We are the manufacturer of this item.

At the moment, due to the circuit protection, it does turn off if you insert the charging cable during operation time. But you can easily turn it back on with a single click while charging.

Although a simple action, this obviously brought confusion to users and we will address this issue in future production.

We appreciate all the constructive suggestions here! Thanks, folks!!

Purchased two of these, one for myself and one for a gift. After trying mine out I’m now terribly embarrassed about giving one as a gift. I’ve been trying to use it as a receiver and the connection is terribly unstable, it cuts out every few seconds. I Have tried it paired with a phone and with an iPad.