Average Joe Artisan Bread Kit

Breadkit.com, the webpage for this product, sells this bundle for $59. (Refills are available for $15 for those interested). The Wine.Woot page lists this as a 34% discount. Woot uses $68 as the product price - presumably, Woot is representing that breadkit.com charges $9 for shipping. To be a fair comparison, Woot’s shipping cost must be included too - so Woot’s price is $49.99 ($44.99 + $5 shipping). That’s a 26% discount, not the 34% advertised by Woot. (I still might buy one, but people should not be misled).

Yes it did. Never tried this in a heavier pot, so can’t make a comparison. but it was a nice crunchy crust.

Almost correst. Woot’s retail price = MSRP + Shipping - Woot Shipping price. So all of your facts are correction with the exception that the average retail shipping charge would be $14, not $9. Whether that is true or not, I have no idea.

We’ve cooked two loaves in parallel, one in this enameled pot and the other in a cast iron; both were similar, the iron being just a bit more even, but not significantly so.

Hey moderator - Thanks for the QP, but you are using the quote from the previous QP with mine. Please fix the typo.

Yeah, I saw that to. Fixed. :slight_smile:

So is the website, at least for me it is. Yay!

almost sold out…

Hey I like this idea, not to buy this overpriced package, but rather to do on my own. Is there a name for this type of bread, that one bakes in a large pot, for me to google recipes? Do you bake it on the stove, or in the oven? Thanks, all! (Sorry, didn’t have time to scan through everything right now, but I will when I start this kind of baking!)

Congrats Average Joe.
Another twofer today?

Just look up No Knead Bread. A plethora of recipes will show. Very easy and very delicious. You mix flour, salt, yeast and water - cover and let it sit overnight then bake in a pot, lodge cast iron is very good, for 30 minutes then uncover the lasty 10 and you have delicious bread.