Azpen X1 Dual Boot 10.1” Tablet with Windows 7, Android 2.2 & Multi-Capacitive Touch Screen

Woot sold a Dell Inspiron Duo for the same price a few months back (IIRC, it was Woot). Bought it. 10" screen, 130GB HD, WIndows 7 (not dual-boot, but I can fix that, so IDC). Plus, it had a keyboard (undersized & weird, but qwerty).

Compared to that deal, this is a lousy one.

Most of the half a million redundant apps run on the iPod Touch as well. An iPod Touch can also send pictures and print via third party apps.

I for one, will never understand the appeal of iPads or any other tablets beyond the “cool” factor. Can’t fit em in your pocket like a phone and they have weaker hardware than similarly priced netbooks.

Why is that? It’s actually a older 2006 Dell XPS. If you think I am computer literate at your level, no. I have my BS and MS in computer science and know what I am talking about. Just because you hate Apple…

Don’t do it! It is not a Ipad and the kids know it. Spend the money this Xmas and get the kids the real deal.

No recognizable name + Reburb for $400???

Get serious. I could get a comparable brand name off sale android tablet, new, for that much. This one will be up for a little bit.

Maybe the iPod Touch is a miniature iPad?

In case anybody’s wondering, the screen resolution on this tablet won’t fully support Windows 8. It’ll run, but you won’t be able to use any of the tablet-friendly Metro apps, so it won’t actually be significantly different from Windows 7.

Radio Shack is still in business? I figured when Shaq was doing adds for them they were on their last leg. I remember when you could go into one and actually sift thru components to actually build/repair things. I guess you can still order them but it is not the same. This rant has nothing to do with the tablet so I will hop off my high horse now. :wink:

I’ve found the Thrive to be a little heavier than the iPad, but not so much as I care. It’s rugged enough I can carry it on the floor of the manufacturing company I manage without having to have a protective security detail making sure it doesn’t get damaged.

I throw it on the seat of my truck every night after work and it has fallen to the floor when slamming on the brakes to avoid a deer or fallen tree and still it works fine.

The battery life, while it said 10 hours, lasted only about nine one day, but I was using it extensively…what with searching the internet, playing on facebook, other things executives do while the minions work.

The apps are ok, there are plenty free ones and a few I needed that cost money worked pretty much as they should.

The wi-fi connected up easy both at home and at work and to the FBI Surveillance van.

Out of a possible 100 points, I’d give it a solid 92. Not perfect because of the placement of the second camera on the back and the volume controls on top.

M’eh…what’re gonna do?

There’s something to be said for real estate on those screens. That being said, Apple missed the boat when Jobs said there would never be a 7-inch iPad. I need to be able to securely hold a tablet in one hand while using it. The 7-inch Android tablets are easily one-hand-holdable.

How can you tell how many there are?

Just glad I haven’t missed the B.O.C. yet. Wake me when the tablet’s over!

Correct. iPad was actually designed first, but iPhone borrowed the concept in a smaller form factor and got released first.

I’m azpen you who Azpen is… :stuck_out_tongue:

But an ARM tablet isn’t comparable. This is an x86 machine running Windows. Different beasts, which is better depends on what you want to use it for.

I am new here. How do you know how many there are up for grabs?

I could have slept in if not for work…this wasn’t worth getting up for.

I’ve owned several Windows tablets. I’ve got one now. I also own an ipad. I use them for separate purposes. I use the ipad about 60% of the time and the Windows tablet about 40% of the time.

My advice? If you want to buy this, instead of investing in an iPad, it might not meet your requirements. But, if you’re buying this to replace or supplement a Windows laptop or desktop, then it just might be what you need.

Just saw on bumble Buy @$379 new.

I own an ipad, thanks. It’s a gigantic IPod Touch with a couple more features. Given, I don’t spend as much time with it, sequestering myself away in my favorite Starbucks cloister, as the average IPad owner no doubt does :wink: