B Cellars Blend Two - Pack

Would you use barrel hoops for the rings?

They are smoking right now! However, one fellow closet keeper to another, the 24 will go another 2-3 and the 25 5. Our wines are built to please those who just can’t help themselves and those who squirrel away. We don’t discriminate.

OK - this is addictive…but the B Girl is really going to bed now.

So is this B Cellars better than
the 7Cs Winery in the Ozarks, or the
D Cubed Cellars in Napa? And how does the
B&E Vineyard in Paso Robles fit into the scheme of things?

Not to mention K Vintners and F/S Cellars.

We need some logic here, please!

Thanks for your enthusiastic answers!

dammit (yes, again). in for two.

since there have been little to no offerings as of yet… of COURSE I’m willing to 'rat :slight_smile:

<3 you wine.woot

Is this considered a Super Tuscan? Love those. But after the flop with Adobe road, I have to pass.

or errr

harvest 2005- and high alcohol. hmmmm

$38/ piece normally- with shipping $65

comes to $32.50/piece- doesn’t seem like the normal woot deal.

Also known as a Super Tuscan. There’s adds a little more spice with the PS in it. With the heritage of the cab vineyards in these blends the wine the flavors should be soft. Lovely.

If only Fanny Brice were still in action.

What was your woot, btw?

Most times I hear about a super tuscan, it is a wine coming from Tuscany that incorporates French grapes (ie, cab, merlot, etc.), along with Sangiovese. I have not heard the term applied to New World wines.

If I recollect correctly, Italian wineries were looking for ways/terms to distinguish their products without the DOC/DOCG labeling, hence the creation (in the 1980s?) of the IGT designation, which did nothing to clarify their exports.

edit: I suppose Gaja is probably the best known of the Super Tuscan, “Premium” wine labels.

The last Super Tuscan I had was actually italian, silly I didnt correlate that. It was a black label with a violin on it, the winemaker was a violinist… Ahh can’t remember

Someone needs a GrapeStories account! :wink:

That was before I started recording wines in my book. Ill just head to tipsy’s and find it again. Was a good $15 bottle

Are we really expected to call it that now?

No Virginia… O well, the Credit Card is safe for now. The wootoff last week really did a number on it.

Fanny will ALWAYS be in action!

A good sense of the style indeed. I’m interested to hear what PetiteSirah thinks.

This is probably just up many people’s alley, but my preference is for grapes harvest at 25 Brix or below and with under 14% (preferably below 13.5%) alcohol, with lower pH.

A word on To Kalon: it is indeed one of the great historical vineyards in Napa, and has produced many great Cabernets, but most (all?) of the vineyard was replanted in the mid-1990s in the recent Phylloxera episode, so these are not what you’d call old vines, though they’re reasonable mature.

I’d also point out that a small percentage of grapes from that vineyard won’t make or break a wine, so I think it’s a great selling point, but I wouldn’t base a decision on anything on a small addition of those grapes to a blend. I mean, if you added 5% La Romanée grapes to a Vosne-Romanée village wine, you would still have a village wine. Good, but it wouldn’t be La Romanée.

In for two. These sound very interesting, and a nice discount from their web prices. The enthusiastic participation of giannarfurina pushed me over the edge.

giannarfurina, how about blend 26 for wednesday : )

Also curious what your woot purchase was.

So much data! Different varietals, vineyards, etc. Interesting but my brain hurts.