B&R Farms California Blenheim Dried Apricots 2-Pound Bag

The jar doesn’t come with the order but if you click on the picture, a photo of the actual bag will be displayed.

See View All The Kashrus Kurrents Articles
There might be issues with the knife if they are sliced open to remove the pit, insect issues, pesticides, sulfites. Unless you know certain facts about how they are dried out it would be hard to determine if they are kosher without a reliable hechsher.

Actually the price for 2.5 lbs on our site is $22.75 which makes it $9.10 per lb. Also B & R Farms doesn’t enjoy the great discounts in shipping that Wine.Woot can pass along to you so you are also saving in shipping - at least $6 to $8 depending on where you live in the country.

To be honest, I only clicked on this because I saw the thumnail and thought, “good lord, there’s some kind of wine chicken nuggets available at wine.woot”. Then the disappointment hit. way to go.

Yes we do offer unsulfured in 1# bags via the 800 # 800-930-9168.

Could you tell me if these are processed all the way through in a nut-free facility? I have been looking for safe dried apricots for a family member with severe nut allergies. Thanks!

Apricots > chicken nuggets

I knew I should have bought these the first time around…now I have braces for 3 years. sadface

I ordered 2 bags, they did not have much flavor and were not sweet at all, I have tried to find someone to eat them, I have had people taste, but no takers. Would never order again.

Check out Frog Hollow instead, all natural no sulfur… pass, sorry…

I saw that 7 months ago this same item was offered for $9.99 on woot. A $4 increase in 7 months. The economy really does stink! A price increase of 40%. I wish I had stock that would go up in value that much. I do love California apricots. I think I’m going to have to sleep on it.

Price has gone up… $9.99 last time for the same 2 lb bag. They are tasty, buy not in with the price increase. They are great in the freezer and last for several months.

An unopened bag that is unrefrigerated can last about a month without darkening or losing moisture. Refrigerated, at least 1.5 years in an airtight container (tuperware or ziplog bags). Opened bag will last around 1 week before losing moisture and within 2 weeks the sulfur will begin releasing and they will darken. Lemon juice and a bit of water will remedy both issues. We have many customers who freeze them for up to 3 years with out any adverse affects.

We only grow Blenheim apricots and only process apricots. We do not process any nuts at our facility. Thanks for your question.

not ones my daughter will wear.

We offered these at such a low price as an introduction. We also had some excess inventory. Selling them at $9.99 was less than it cost us to grow, process and bag them. We are glad to have been able to share them with people at that price but it wasn’t sustainable long term.

The Royal Medallion was very ripe when picked and placed whole on the tray to dry. Midway through the drying process, our crew removes the pit and they continue to dry for a few more days. This grade is one of the sweetest of our grades. It looks a bit like a coin, thus the Medallion name. They are the top grade. They are thicker and moister and were more ripe than the Sun Blend grade. If you want them really sweet they are great and the Old Fashion slabs are even sweeter but not a pretty as they “slabbed” out on the tray and are like fruit leather.

I found a website with nutritional info, but it also said:
"Caution

… dried apricots contain sulfur-containing compounds such as sulfur dioxide. These compounds may cause adverse reactions in people who suffer from asthma.

Was sulfur dioxide used when drying THESE apricots?

yes…our independent lab tests them at between 1400 and 1800 parts per million. For a bit more detail, there is a more complete answer in an earlier post. Thanks for your question.

These are delicious. I honestly never had dried fruit of any kind this tasty before. I don’t care about the sulfur. I was waiting for these since I ran out back in December. I asked for them for my birthday. I think I’ll let them know they are here today and get more than three:)