BACtrack B70 Breathalyzer

This is junk if you’re serious about it. I have the S80 Pro which has a fuel cell in it, I believe it is a police grade (whatever that is) breathalyzer. You have to send it in every 100 or so uses to get it re-calibrated.

It is nice to have, I used it briefly to help learn better where I was. I used to be nervous on the road after 4 beers in 2 hrs despite feeling perfectly fine. Turns out it was because I was fine. I always thought it was easy to get to .08 and screw up, while it is…it isn’t that hard to avoid it!

Also makes a good thing to pass around at parties but the problem is it picks up alcohol on your breath if you’ve just drank. I can take a sip of my drink, blow .25 when it was my first drink of the night.

Finally, a device to measure BOC. Does it offer email notifications?

Yeah, I get that. Makes perfect sense to me.
Jan B. (a member in good standing of Alcoholics Anonymous)

How do you feel at 0.04%.
Do ~you~ know when you’ll blow 0.04%?

I’d lose my commercial license if I were stopped and blew over that limit.

Jus’ sayin’

I have a friend who is a cop. He told me one of the main reasons for field sobriety tests is to make sure they take enough time prior to issuing the breathalyzer so you have an accurate reading.

That being said. I had a similar but different model. It was fun while it lasted, but you have realize its utility. I wouldn’t use it, blow a 0.07 and think “great, gimme the keys I’m perfect!” because the margin of error on these glorified toys is pretty high. But it was a good conversation piece.

so why would you risk your cdl on this $35 gadget with poor reviews? Just don’t drink and drive.

Without digressing to our Poli"ticks" thread here in the main offer,
there is a huge difference in slamming down a few at the local inn, and having a meal with a glass or two of wine.
This is yet another tool, and used prudently, could help avoid a DUI; which I’ve never gotten.

Too bad this doesn’t say BOCtrack they would be sold out by now

Is it just me, or is the woman in the blue dress the actress who plays Bo on the show “Lost Girl”?

I see it as a good tool to convince drunks not to drive!