bad song... bad lyric

angel eyes…

remember that song?

i was reminded of the dreadfulness when all the angel talk was brought up.

i think “really realy really really really ever loved a woman” by bryan adams has got to be the really really really the worst lyrics in a song EVER!

please add your grumpyness here… try not to hurt feelings… some people like this sh!t

Yummy, yummy, yummy I got love in my tummy

it’s sick right?? how did they get away with that??

i’m so excited and i just can’t hide it! i’m about to lose control and i just might like it…

Geeee, climax much?

That new song out by Black Eyed Peas… Lump, or hump, or whatever.

It has to be the worst thing I have ever heard on the radio.

it can’t be worse than Outkast/Hey Ya… worst pop song since Hanson/Mmm Bop (not sure I got the titles right for either, but I’m sure you know the ones I mean)…

Okay, you guys all have your own ideas about what’s the worst thing to happen to music. You’re all wrong. I’ve read it in orchestra, twice. I don’t understand how other people don’t realize how horrible it is. Nothing happens the entire time. It just repeats the same stuff over and over again (a lot of the harmonic content is the same in all three movements!). It’s a Sonata for string orchestra, and I don’t remember the composer. It’s somebody I’d never heard of before, so you’re probably safe and will never get exposed to it, because it’s godawful.

I wonder how bad the viola part was. When my daughter played we never knew what song it was until we went to the the concert. Great for your college application…can make all county every year.

worst song…Candy man, Sammy Davis Jr. Why did he do it? I knew a lot of kids in the 70’s who liked him…until that song. Why , Sammy, why?

Can’t be worse than the bass part. I guess viola is better than clarinet (my main instrument in high school) for that sort of thing. I had to prepare hard and play really well just to make districts. States were a lot easier, though.

like Willy Wonka candyman? who couldn’t like Willy Wonka? well, Johnny Depp’s Willy Wonka was a little creepy…

glad i didn’t major in music…

Well, it’s not all really bad music. A lot of it is really good. Plus, having studied it, I now have a much greater appreciatiation for a lot of different types of music. I mean, nobody can like modern classical music without having really looked at it and listened to it a bunch. I had to play a Stravinsky piece in high school, and I still disliked it. It just felt too random and that it didn’t have any purpose, but having been exposed to a lot of it, I can tell you that it really isn’t, and once you get a feel for how it sounds, it’s pretty much just like more traditional music. And if that weren’t enough, I enjoy Bach a lot more too! I could go on forever about how much I love music and everything to do with it, but I have to get back to work or I’ll fail my juries and not be a music major any more. Plus, I don’t really want to highjack this thread and I’m sure nobody wants to read the wandering rants of a stress-addled brain.

Now what I want to do is study a bunch of visual art so maybe I can start appreciating that stuff too.

What was the song from the late '60s, maybe early '70s about Timothy. Hinted at cannibalism.

have you heard J. Ralph’s work? i’d be curious what a music major thought of it…

Okay…I know the worst song - just don’t know the name of it…it was once given to me on a tape…“I found a masterpiece in you” by some boy band like Boys II Men or PM Dawn.

Any ZZ Top song.

Any Mariah Carey song.

Any Debbie Gibson/Tiffany song. "Only In My Dreams "/“Lost in Your Eyes”/“I Think We’re Alone Now.”

Any Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam song. “Lost In Emotion.”

Sammy Hagar. “I Can’t Drive 55.”

Georgia Satelites. “Keep Your Hands To Yourself.”

Sorry Bowie, “Absolute Beginners.”

Extreme. “More Than Words.”

The B-52s. “Rock Lobster.”

Bobby Brown. “My Perrogative.”

Starship. “We Built This City.”

Bobby McFerrin. “Don’t Worry Be Happy” (#1 annoyance)

Foreigner. “I want to know what love is.”

Eddie Murphy. “Party All the time.”

Pointer Sisters. “Neutron Dance.”

Any Weird Al Yankovic song.

Billy Ocean. “Loverboy.”

Glenn Frey. “The heat is on.”

Most Huey Lewis & the News songs.

Any Gloria Estefan.

Any Richard Marx. “Right Here Waiting”/“Hold on to the Nights.”

Donny Osmond. “Soldier of Love.”

'Til Tuesday. “Love in a Vacuum.”

Cher. “Shoop, shoop.”/“If I Could Turn Back Time.”

Salt-n-Pepa. “Push it.”

Whitesnake. “Is This Love?”

Paul Simon. “You can call me Al.”

Great White. “Once Bitten Twice Shy.” feh.

Technotronic. “Pump Up The Jam.”

Sorry, Natalie Merchant’s “Beloved Wife.”

George Michael. “Wake me up before you go-go.”

Europe. “The Final Countdown.”

Stray Cats. “Stray Cat Strut.”

Any Bruce Springsteen song.

Limahl. “Never Ending Story.”

Sorry, The Cure’s “Round & Round & Round,” “Trap,” “Treasure” & “High.”

Sorry, Culture Club’s “Electric Dreams.”

Any Hansen, Boys II Men, whatever degrees band.

Billy Vera and the Beaters. “At This Moment.”

The Cars. “You might think.”

Olivia Newton John. “Let’s Get Physical” & “Xanadu” after repeated use.

Sorry, Morrissey’s “Asian Rut.”

Lionel Ritchie. “Hello.”

Any Big Band music.

Damn…I could go on all night.

BTW…take this quiz…

[link]TeenNick – TV Shows, Schedule and More – Nickelodeon

I am “When Doves Cry” LOL! (I would say I am more of a “Raspberry Beret” or “1999.”)

I hadn’t heard him before you just mentioned him. I did a google search and came up with J. Ralph: Ad Tune Master : NPR, which has three of his tunes on it. Here’s my impression of those.

He’s got a great melodic sense, but he falls into a trap that most modern “popular” composers do. He repeats the same thing a number of times before introducing any new material. Thus, it doesn’t go anywhere. There’s just what’s happening during the melody, then there’s what’s happening during the next melody. The accompaniment doesn’t really change, and doesn’t at all interact with what’s happening in the melody. In the first piece on that page, this problem is especially evident, as it uses an orchestra. The orchestra plays big chords while the melody plays. There’s nothing interesting going on in the orchestra. Plus his voice leading in that piece needs a lot of work. It’s basically like a piano playing big block chords, which is a poor use of an orchestra. Does it sound especially bad? No, but proper voice leading makes it sound tons better.

So, basically, he’s got good - heck great - ideas, but his sense of composition is rather sorely lacking.

What about, Samuel Barber’s Adagio for Strings?

Can anyone say anything bad about Adagio? It’s really good. The only problem is that it’s kind of on the edge of being cliche.

speechless

About what?

i know nothing of violas, contatas…doo dads and such…