Ballarini Verona 11" Saute/Help Handle

I purchased the “Ballarini Verona 11” Saute/Help Handle" during a previous woot sale. The pan arrived significantly distorted enough that the lid would not fit. The lid was also damaged. The shipping box showed no evidence of mishandling.

I also had to return a Ballarini fry pan, which arrived in a separate shipment, because it was grossly out of round.

Woot sent replacements and I returned the defective pans. I have not received notice from woot of their receiving the returns even though I returned the pans a number of days ago.

The second “Ballarini Verona 11” Saute/Help Handle" arrived in expected new condition. The pan comes with a cheap drawstring bag.

The pan is worth $50, but not more. It is constructed of pressed 4mm aluminum. It does not have an induction disk, so it will not work on induction elements. The pan works well on my glass top stove.

The pan is mid-level quality, similar to Tramontina or T-Fal in the same $50 price range. However, I have Kitchenaid Pro anodized aluminum pans that are clearly better quality.

The handle stays cool, but the poorly designed lid handle gets hot very quickly. The pan is light for its size and the lid seems a little too light, although I have had no problems with it yet.

I have not had the pan long enough to comment on the durability of the nonstick surface, but nothing has stuck yet. Functionally, the non-stick coating works as well as good quality Teflon. The pan has been easy to clean, both inside and out.