Bang & Olufsen Beoplay Portal Wireless ANC Headphones

Bang & Olufsen Beoplay Portal Wireless ANC Headphones

Bit of a jelly and Hyde headphone, can be made to sound really good in Bluetooth mode with the beosonic listening modes, but goodness use them as gaming headphones with the dongle and they sound horrible, and are crippled by the frankly bizarre decision to restrict the user to a super basic EQ.

Really don’t get why I can only customize what they sound like, if I am in “music” mode, but gaming I get a tinny, empty, narrow soundstage, baseless sound profile.

Factor that in if you buy these, they sound night and day between the two modes. Music great, gaming bad. Wanted to move up from my steelseries arctic 7p, but they are massively better.

2 Likes

Are these for Xbox?

Here are just three of the places which shows compatibility:

Packed with functions designed especially for gaming, including a lossless Xbox connection and quick, intuitive controls.

Discover wireless headphones engineered for gaming and designed for Xbox.

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

2 Likes

I bought a pair last time around for my PC - they sound amazing in most games I play (COD, PUBG, CSII) and i also bought the Dolby Atmos app for Windows PC and the combination is a winner. I occasionally use them with bluetooth and my android phone and never have any issues with regards to sound quality.

1 Like